1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Mauser pistol value

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I ran across this pistol with the following markings. Original Mauser Mauser-werke A.G. Oberndorf a,N. Model HSc Made in Germany and other side says Interarms Alexandria Virginia USA. 9MMkurz It has a nice leather holster with an extra magazine which fits in the holster. It reminds me of the holsters I've seen Lugers in.

I know that it shoots 380 ammo but can not find this gun in my blue book. The one in the blue book with interarms markings says it was made in Italy not Germany. Can anyone help me with info about this gun and it's value. Thanks Jackie B.

2. sle081

sle081 Member

The German made ones orginaly sold through Interarms are a MUCH better quality that the Italian made.They are very close to the HSC that was made before and duing WWII. Both have a "Mauser Banner" banner trade mark but the best ones are those actualy made in Germany .Ones I have had sold $400 and up depending on condition and all
    David

3. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Probably mid 1970's productions imported by Interarms. It should be in the book under Mauser HsC Interarms.
    Do some searching on Gunbroker.com and you shouild find one like it to see what the asking prices are.
    dju

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

This is what your referring to, I bought this HSC many year ago. They were sold with extra magazine without the bottom finger extension, instruction manual, and a 3 shot test target signed by the tester.
    toolmaker251_2008_030356.jpg

5. Shooting Jack

I would say this one is in better than 90PCT. The guy offered to sell it to me for $200.00 so I think I will take it. RoadKing50 thanks for the help. I was thinking that I had read about the ones made in Germany having a higher value but just wasn't able to verify it. Thanks again everyone. Jackie B.

6. FIB

FIB Member

If you look at the barrel that is visible through the ejection port you will see an antler and a number. The antler is for the proofing house and the number will be the year it was made/proofed. The German made HSc's are very good pistols. I used to collect many of the different wartime HSc's years ago. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me, I'm not an expert but I know quite a bit about them. Regards, Randy Price

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I almost bought a 1977 manufactured one a couple of months ago in 95% condition. The gun shop wanted $350. I though that was a little high, but the main reason I turned it down was after some research I found these guns were never designed for HP's, and they only feed reliably with ball ammo. I don't know if this is true, but I have lots of HP .380 ammo and didn't want to try to resell it if it didn't feed right.

Wayne

8. FIB

FIB Member

I encounter them from time to time in the $ 300-400.00 range. Some were blued and some were nickel plated. The HSc is an interesting pistol. It and the Walther PP/PPK were introduced about the same time and the Walther became more successful. Both were WAY ahead of their time. The German's weaponry in WW2 was really something else.

9. Shooting Jack

FIB, This one has an eagle with the number 7 underneath. The rest says 9mmkurz and then under that it says .38

What would that single digit indicate? Thanks for your help. Oh and I did buy it, holster, pistol and box of bullets for $200.00 so I guess I did good. LOL Jackie B.

10. Shooting Jack

FIB, I got a magnifying glass and found stamped in front of the trigger on the guard the antlers and 70 so I assume that it was built in 1970. Thanks again everyone. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mauser hsc 380 value

nickel mauser hsc history