1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Major Explosion in Savannah Ga

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My foster daughter just called a few minutes ago to tell us that there had just been a terrible explosion in a suburb of Savannah named Port Wentworth. It was just a few miles from their new home and her husband is a police officer and was called in. Initial report was that there may be as many as 200 dead. Please remember these folks in prayer as they really haven't even started getting them to the hospitals and burn units yet as they were still responding. I was just told that it was a Dixie Chrystal sugar plant that had the explosion. Jackie B.

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Holy moley, Wonder what caused that? Is there some industry in that area? Sounds like prayers in bulk are needed.

Jim

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

The explosion occurred in the bagging area of the Dixie sugar refinery. There are reports of injuries but not of deaths. Link above

Morgan

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Thanks for the info Morgan. I was repeating what her husband was told when they called him in to duty. He is a city police officer for that town and they were calling in all officers regardless of schedule. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.