1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T: mail forwarding

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sernv99, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I sold a gun on gunbroker and the buyer sent me a cashiers check for the gun (it should have arrived today).. Well I forgot to change my address on gunbroker when I moved back in Oct of '09. It's been over 12 months and the post office stops forwarding mail after 12 months. I dropped by to see my friend who I shared a house with, at my old address, and he said nothing came in the mail for me.

Does anyone have experience about mail being kicked back to the sender after they have moved and their forwarding mail service has expired? The buyer did not put any delivery confirmation service on the letter so we have no clue where it is in the postal system.

The buyer sent it in a priority mail envelope without his return address on the outside (however he does have it on a piece of paper inside the envelope) so I told him if the post office decided to kick it back, they will open up the letter and search for your address and boot it back. Kind of sucks but it's a lesson learned for me, to confirm with buyers and sellers of their current address listed on an auction site.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.