1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T - Luminox Navy Seal Watch - O/T

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Do any of you have experience with the Luminox Navy Seal watch? I am looking for a new, rugged watch to wear hunting and fishing. Thanks for any tips.

Matt

2. 6871

6871 Member

Hello Matt:

I don't own the watch; that being said, a good friend of mine who owns an Oil Distributorship in Pittsburgh went through the "Civilian" Navy Seal Training in Mirarmar. After finishing the 5-day training, he was given the Luminox Navy Seal Watch. It's identical to the watch you can purchase at Cabelas, ect. with the exception that it has been engraved w/ a personal message on the back plate. He has many high end watches and said that after 4-years of wear; it is the most dependable, reliable and comfortable watch he has owned.

Cheers,
    Keith S. Crider

3. seitz t22

seitz t22 TS Member

I have alot of experience with these watches I own three of them the dial is awesome but their service department is terrible had my watch for four months until they repaired it they even lost it at one time.
    [​IMG]

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I have worn the same one everyday for the last 8 years. Awesome watches for durability and are so bright in the dark they look like flashlights. The draw backs are customer service and any band parts like pins you might need. They won't send you the parts and require the watch to be sent in for service which is nothing more than robbery. A two dollar pin ends up costing over 40.00 after shipping and their charges. Great watch but piss poor C.S.

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

+1 on great watch. I've had mine for about 4 years now and had no problems with it at all. When I first got it I needed to get 2 extra links and the pins because of my big wrists. The fellow I finally spoke with told me that the model I had had been discontinued but he had a few links and pins left for the "old" style band. He sent them to me at no charge. That is the only experience I have had with their customer service or any maintenance issues so I can't complain. I had my local jeweler replace the battery last year.

[​IMG]

--- Chip King ---

6. quartering

quartering Active Member

i've had 4 or 5 over the years. they're tough but the real attraction was the tritium markers. the first couple i bought were in the early 90's prior to the radio activity restrictions. you could literally read a book in bed in the middle of the night using the watch as a light. i've walked trails at night using the watch face to light the way. they're just not that bright anymore. some say due to government health regulations; some say due to it being too bright for military applications. whatever, i wear a marathon tsar now, which is just a big stainless steel luminox, only tougher. good luck with it

7. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

I Have Been A Watch "NUT" Since I Was A Small Boy. I Have Traded & Bought A Large Amount Of High End watches Over The Years And Must Say, YOU Can Not Go Wrong On The Luminox Navy Seal Watch. They Are GREAT. If You Need To Conserve A Little Cash IMHO The Next Best For Dependible Or Reliable ( What Ever You Use) The WENGER Swiss Military Is A Super Watch. Does Not cost much But, Tough Enough. Joe W.

8. t901

t901 Member

I love my WENGER watch had it for about 8 years not one problem yet.

9. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Down side: Big, clunky, over priced watch with no real additional features.

Spot light in the dark? Doubt the military passed that. From what I understand of the Navy Seals, a flare attached to the wrist is not a plus. But...

a watch is a very personal item. Watch designers know the market. Get it and enjoy it!

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

You could also take a look at Casio watches.

8 years ago, I bought a stainless steel analog/digial ... with a 10 year battery, water resistant to 10 bar, stainless band and push button illuminated face.

Every 6 months when time change comes around, it is never more that a couple of seconds off.

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I have four of the Luminox watches. One stopped working after it went through and MRI machine with me. A new battery and it still keeps time. They've gone underwater with me and taken some bumps and knocks from everyday wear. No leaks yet and they keep time accurately enough. I didn't buy these, so I have no idea what they cost. They were a "gift". Got one each year for four years. I still have one I have not used yet. The tritium isn't super bright, just right. I can just see the dial during my night dives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.