1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T lost my job today

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by avidtrapshooter, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

i know this is way off topic but i need to vent a bit, i got fired today and you know what for? forgetting to close the door to the tool shed that was it!! she flipped out on me cause the night before she got her CD player and digital camera ripped off from her truck. what a piece of crap i am trying to get myself through college and she fires me for something so small, she said it herself i do really good work (landscaping Co.) and yet she fires me for not closing a door that is crap now its gonna be even harder to find another job having the word fired on my resume, not to mention pay for college, here in michigan finding a job is almost impossible it took me 4+ months just to get an interview. i am so screwed its not even funny i have been working there since May giving 80% of my paycheck to my parents to get rid of my debt with them and i finally get it down to $700 and get fired now its just gonna go way up again as school starts right after labor day and my tuition is gonna cost a few thousand $'s. i am as screwed as it gets i guess this is a welcome to the real world huh? well all i know is i am always gonna find a way to shoot some trap!!!

2. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Think link below is a web site with an extremely active forum of lawn care professionals. Maybe there's someone in your area looking for help.

http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I've been fired. It's a kick in the gut when it happens - if your hole doesn't pucker when those immortal words come out of the bosses mouth, there's something wrong with you!

There's lots of jobs almost everywhere. Folks who don't have a job right now don't WANT to have a job. Cut your hair, clean your fingernails, put on some decent clothes, get together a decent resume (remember SPELLCHECK) and start pounding the pavement.

You'll find one. And don't put fired on your resume...if they ask, you can tell them what happened. DON"T badmouth your old boss....that turns off the new boss faster than you can possibly imagine.

And hey, the USAF is always hiring too...and they pay for college. Solves two problems - they pay pretty good, they feed you, and you get to go to school.

Good luck.

4. grammie

grammie TS Member

A person can graduate from a high end school like Yale,,,but come out of it with less intelligence then when they enrolled,,,,Example----George Bush...

Nobody says that because you spend more money at one school that the level of education will be higher than a cheaper school!!! But,,its true!!!! You get from school just what you yourself put in to it!!!!

Nobody is locking you in the basement,,,are they???? Michigan is not surrounded by an unclimable wall!!!! you go to where to jobs are!!!!

Look around you,,,,at the people that were born,,,raised,,,and destined to remain within 50 miles of where they are born,,,,Is that the way you wish to struggle through life???

Take the firing as a sign from the Gods themselves,,,,,A new deal awaits,,,,you get to draw 5 more cards in the game,,,and you might hit three aces this time!!!!! Get the hell out of Michigan and go see the world!!!! A better "education" cannot be bought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKA Grammie............

5. DJM

DJM Member

Trapshooter - From the info you gave I assume you are a young man. Please believe me, you are not "as screwed as it gets". I'm 57, have a good job an am on solid financial footing. I'd trade that in a moment to be pennyless, jobless and young.

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Just remember that the current unemployment level in this country is lower than the percentage of our population the gooberment says is unemployable ... with that in mind you should be able to find a job by the weekend as long as you are willing to work and not expect $15 an hour for a $8 an hour job.

Sorry to hear of your small problem but if you really want to work you will have a job before the week is out and if paying your tuition and bills is that important you might want to cut back on your trap shooting or ... what kind of gun do you have and how much do you want for it???

Seriously now ... before anyone begins to get there panties all bunched up I dont believe in head patting and if it took him, a young college student looking to pay his tuition and bills 4 months to get an interview there are possibly other problems that are not being mentioned.

Sorry for your problems but you will survive.

7. skip

skip Member

Start your own landscaping business, offer lower prices and take customers away from her.

I'm not saying it was ok to leave the door open just a suggestion to stay employed.

8. avidtrapshooter

thanks for the link and words of encouragement guys. i plan on hitting the pavement this afternoon and try get another job.

shootlow - i understand that but this shed had less then $200 worth of tools in it mostly rakes and shovels and those kinds of hand tools, now if there was like a really expensive lawnmower in there i would completely agree with you. but i can also see where you are coming from say if it was a shed with $10,000 worth of equipment in it, ii would just be a good practice to get into.

lumper - in that 4 months i applied at every place i could think of but everyone wanted a full time worker or someone who could work monday-sunday which is against my religion i would gladly work monday through saturday but sunday is not an option for me. i have an 11-87 and it will never be forsale and i will never give up trap no matter how high lead prices go or how tight things get.

9. avidtrapshooter

i live right on the barry kent and allegan county lines right by caledonia, about 20 minutes south east of grand rapids

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Just as a thought ... ask your church to help pay the bills if its against your religion to work on Sunday and that is a reason why you couldn't find a job.

Still sorry to hear of your problem but work is out there if you want to find it and if school and paying your debt is important God will forgive your working on the sabbath if that is what it takes.

11. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

avidtrapshooter

Been through it myself as recently as last year; I look at my own situation as a blessing in disguise, since I lost a crappy job with a failing company at a lower salery, and gained a great job with a successful company at a higher salery. And the real beauty part about it is the fact that the b@stard that shot me in back in Feb.'06 wound up getting sh!tcanned himself! - JoeBerg

12. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Avid,

Things are tough here in Michigan, there's no doubt. I have heard it said that we are in a one state recession. Young folks are leaving here at an alarming rate. Hit the pavement. Take a job at a fast food restaurant if you need to. Just GET BACK TO SCHOOL. Things are not going to be easy for Americans without degrees (or niches via a trade), in the coming years. Take out student loans or whatever it takes, but get back there. If you find you have to give up trap then so be it(unless you are an All American or something). You can come back to it later. We all have to make sacrifices to get to the ultimate goal. What you have to do to get there is just part of the journey and sometimes it may be an unpleasant journey.

all the best and good luck,
    john

13. oz

oz Active Member

you'll be fine. you can't look for a better job when you are working. NOW you can look and find a better job. don't let the bastards get you down. oz

14. avidtrapshooter

i know i am staying in school at least until i get some sort of degree i have been working towards a degree in biology and once i have completed that i will become a mechanic somewhere because thats just what i love to do work on cars.

lumper - yes i know Hewould forgive me if i worked on the sabbath but it is also my duty to fight against sin and reject sin, no one is perfect but i will do what i can to avoid sins that i can my religion is more important then any debt i get into.

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

Subject: O/T lost my job today
    Date: Wed, Jul 18, 2007 - 01:26 PM CT

i know i am staying in school at least until i get some sort of degree i have been working towards a degree in biology and once i have completed that i will become a mechanic somewhere because thats just what i love to do work on cars.

If you want to be a mechanic than why are you wasting your money and time getting a degree in biology?

That is just freakin stupid.

16. avidtrapshooter

i love biology what can i say i like both i also like having the knowledge and something to fall back on. i dunno if i would like working in the biology field much but i just like to have that kinda knowledge i can understand why animals i hunt do the things they do and better understand nature itself. you can call me stupid all you want but i enjoy learning biology and that's that, its not a waste of time or my money in my opinion you can have your opinion your entitled to it thats fine, just don't say i am stupid for wanting to learn last i checked learning wasn't a bad thing.

17. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

It's scary, but I agree with lumper 100%.

18. lumper

lumper TS Member

Hey ... you said you were going to be a mechanic after you get your biology degree. If it were me I would become the mechanic first and then night school or whatever to get the biology degree and be able to pay for the schooling with the money you earn as a mechanic but that is just me.

BTW ... do you think your going to find a mechanic job without some schoolin and learnin or are you planning on being one of those Wally World tire changin or Jiffy Lube oil changin mechanics?

19. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

a very good friend of mine teaches 9th grade biology. makes about 70k per yr. summers off. awesome benefits and pension plan. and you want to wrench on cars? you have got to be out of your mind.

20. 100straight

100straight Member

Avid,

If you are interested in relocating I know of a Christian owned lawn care business in central Illinois that has been looking for help. Illinois State University has a great Biology program, and the department chair is a personal friend. It would be out-of-state tuition, but you might be able to get a tuition waiver. You might even be able to work in the department at ISU. I can tell you who to talk to. There is also an excellent shooting club a few miles out of town. I can probably help you out with work, school, and where to shoot. E-mail me direct if you are interested. drop the xxx on each end.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.