1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Looking for ac motor

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

My grandson and his Cub Scout Troop collect aluminum cans for their projects. I am in the process of making a powered can crusher and need a small h.p., high torque motor to operate this thing. I end up doing most of the crushing and buying the several hand crushers I go thru each year. The kids are too small to help and everyone else is too busy. I've watched e-bay and tried searches for such a motor and /or a rheostat that'll work. I've also searched for a powered crusher but can't afford what's available and there is nothing I found that is practical anyway Any ideas? Any help will be appreciated. Dave P

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

W. W. Grainger has a very nice assortment of motors, gearboxes, and hydraulic goodies of one sort or another.

That's my first place to look if I were you.

Second would be Northern Tool.com.

HM

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Dave,
    Let me see what I have in the way of motors a/c. I may have something that will work for you. All this stuff is at school so I won't get a chance to look until Tuesday.

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Dave P
    Ok if you need a gas powered motor then I can furnish one but really I don't see why you would need one but if you do then email me and I will send you one.

Foghorn220

5. Dave P

ctreay: Thanks for the advice, I never gave that a thought. I don't believe I have posted this question previously. Dave Promen

6. Dave P

Foghorn, e-mail. Thanks

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Dave got your email.

Foggy

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Sorry it to longer to look at what I had here, there are no A/C motors. Everything you can imagine just no motors sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.