1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Little League World Series

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wayneo, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Any of you been watching this? This is great stuff. Over 30,000+ for each game. A team from Billings beats California, a Pennsylvania team that has only won 3 World Series games since 1960, has won 3 in a row. Good stuff.

Wayne

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Yeah, I've been watching. I watched Montana beat Cal last night. Really enjoyed that.

Those kids can play. They sure as hell are a lot better than I was in Little League. I really don't believe an 11 or 12 year old kid should be throwing curves, but dam some of those kids have better stuff than some major league pitchers.

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Better than watching the adults. Yes they are far better than I was and far better than the kids I coached. They play more at the next level, pony league. Yes kids that are throwing breaking pitches and throwing 80 mph fast balls won't have an arm at 17 or 18. Pitch count doesn't solve the problem either. I have seen it happen.

Don

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I pitched all thru Bronco and Pony league and had quite a curveball. Because of that I can barely throw a ball 50 feet these days.

Scott

5. DONNE

DONNE Member

Same here Scott. Pitched up to legion ball , now I can't even throw a rock at a squirrel let alone hit it ! I don't even think the legion posts have ball teams around here anymore.

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I played Legion ball also, but didn't pitch there.

I don't think there is much Legion ball around here either. Talked to a friend of mine who has a kid who plays a lot of baseball and he said it's all club teams and independent leagues now. He predicted that even high school baseball will dry up in a few years because kids will be playing the independent leagues.

7. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Go Billings....

Rick in MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.