1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O.T. LAX TSA

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tinylo, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

Sounds like you haven't flown in a while. It is pretty standard that you remove your belt (if it has a metal buckle) and shoes, and that all liquids have to be less than three ounces and in a clear plastic bag, and scanned separately. If I had big money on me, I'd just keep it in my pocket separately during the scan process in case some credit card or other unknown item sets off the detector.

I don't think this is how we should be living our lives in an allegedly free country, but these are the expectations now at airports. I think the guys were more likely surprised that you didn't know the drill, rather than trying to exert their authority or get into anything race related.

2. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

At Sacremento last Christmas (SMG) noticed 2 TSA agents were roaming the gate area. Never saw that before, but was only a few days after the Detroit incident; a middle-age man and younger "femininity challenged" female.

Not too long after that the female was patting down a 30ish woman, blond (attractive) and obviously affluent. A real security threat.

Boarded the a/c just a few minutes later. A 20ish TSAer with baggy pants, shirttail about 1/2 out and oily punkrocker hair took advantage of the now empty seats to whip out his gameboy, slump/stretch out and burn off some of his shift.

What a joke; but I guess they've got to spend all that tax money on something. grrr.

K

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

They pull that same crap when you board a cruise ship.
    TSA= Thousands Standing Around.

Eric

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I will never understand why people put up with this c**p. I bet if we called a national "we will not fly for 30 days unless TSA figures out who the threats are" strike the airlines would force some changes. For as long as Americans take these insults it will only get worse.

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Once you give any power and authority to the disenfranchised they wield it like a club. It helps them to make up for their anger at society and for having a demeaning job that makes people not respect them.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.