1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Latest Car project.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

[​IMG]

I wanted my mustang to look different than any others that I have seen and allowed my son to pick out the colors. What's your opinion? Jackie B.

2. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Hurry, there's still time to get in the "cash for clunkers" program. LOL

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I feel your pain ??

4. Shooting Jack

EE, Garden variety Ghetto Car? Did you come up with that because of where you live? You need to get out of the slums into the real world. I like it and guess that's what counts. Of course I recoginize your right to your opinion and I did ask. LOL Jackie B.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

It would almost work if there was less black on the sides. A thin 'c' line looping from the quarter panel over the door is okay. Blue with black hood striping looks better on the fastbacks. Where did you get the nose job?

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This is my project car ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This would be 472 cu.in powerplant by MOPAR (home built)... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. atashooter

atashooter Member

Nice Rides!!! The wife & I have just started out on our journey on a 32 Graffiti Deuce Coupe. Hope I don't die before I finish it...

9. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

I think it would be great, I just don't care for the sides much.

As of now, I'm trying to convince my dad to split my hopefully new project car with me, a Mk1 Triumph GT6.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-Triumph-GT6-Midnight-Blue_W0QQitemZ180391887262QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2a0031c19e&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245
    This one to be exact...

Right now me and my dad are working on our '66 MGB. Hopefully pulling the engine today, replacing the clutch, cleaning up the engine, painting it and the engine bay. Replacing the swivel axels, and then getting it painted. If you can work on the car with your son like that, it just makes it so much better for the both of you.
    -Trappy

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hey Jack...give that thing a good bath and move it outside for better pix and I'm sure it look much better then it presented now...oh yeah, one more thing...polish those mags and lose the rusty center caps

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Well, it looks better than the refridgerator it's sitting next to.

12. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Both look good to me

13. Shooting Jack

The refrigerator is for storing paint and welding rods. The mags and tires are next. I bought the nose from one of the old mustang parts catalog. I liked it but it doesn't offer any protection.(fiberglas) After we finish buffing it out I'll get an outside picture. WPT That is an awsome ride, you've done a really good job on it. I'll bet that bad boy will fly. LOL Jackie B.

14. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Yea, looks dull or something. In dire need of a wet sand and a clear coat.

Since you asked -- dude, you don't put two dark colors on a car. Dark blue and Black? Royal blue and a small black stripe. Dark blue with a white stripe. Red with a white stripe. Red and black. The colors need to contrast. Colors too close in the spectrum don't compliment each other - they muddle each other.

But, if you like it, that's all that really matters.

15. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Yikes! That Mopar body is one rare bird. Center post two door! Motor isn't bad either.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They supposedly made 4716 of the 2 door sedan body's between 1966 and 1967 ... I read that in one of the many MOPAR books I have around here ... The engine was built by myself and a Buddy that owns SS/AFX in New River, Arizona ... (www.SS/AFX.com)... The Hemi is internally balanced 472 Cu.In., fed by 2-750's that have been mildly massaged and the metering rods have been made right ... The heads are Stage V aluminum with Stage V roller rockers and custom made shafts and Manley SS valves ... The Comp Cam has almost 600 degree of lift (580) and is a little lopie for the street but gets the job done and sounds great thumping the 3 inch exhaust with Dyno Max mufflers fed from the TTI ceramic coat hearders into a 3 1/2 collector via 2.25 tubes ... The trans is a Hemi Torqueflight and it transfers the power via a 3200 Mancini stall converter into a 4:10 posi 8 3/4 in the rear ... SS/AFX specializes in 68 Hemi Cudas and Hemi Darts, but will build any MOPAR a person wants complete from frame off restoration to balls to the wall racers ... He has a 1965 Dodge Coronet 2 door sedan thats going to be a A990 car when he is done with it ... He sold his personal 1965 Plymouth AFX (altered wheel base) injected Hemi for funds to start up his business and usually builds between 2 and 3 cars a year that get shipped all over the country and sell for big dollars ... This thing will blow the tires off at a 35 MPH punch (I have done it) and maybe even more based on what happened at 35 MPH ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

PS ... The intake is also Aluminum but painted to make it look like a stock Hemi, same as the heads ...

17. Shooting Jack

[​IMG]

This is a little better picture. Still buffing it out. Shows the color a little better, doesn't look so dark now. Jackie B.

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a line on a 1965 Dodge Coronet 2 door sedan that will be built like the A990 factory Drag Racers from the 60's if I can put the deal together ... Looks like there might be another Hemi in my future but might have to go a little bigger this time ... "528" sounds like a nice round number ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. Shooting Jack

WPT, My brother in law had a 70 or 71 440 special production R/T and had quit driving it and one of his nephews supposeably needed something to drive(I tried to buy it a dozen times) so he gave it to him. Next I know he had pulled the engine and trans and sold the car for scrap. Boy was I sick. I never knew what the hp was but I ran it a few times and don't remember the E/T but do remember that it turned a little over 121MPH through the quarter. You could light it up on the street and as soon as it lit up shift into 2nd and it would smoke em for over a hundred yards. It made it hard to find someone to run me but looked really bad. LOL Jackie B.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This is the 69 Dodge Dart I ran in Outlaw Super Stock ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.