1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Last Nights Republican Debate O/T

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 391 shooter, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

It was on Bloomburg TV channel. I am sure many did not see it for this reason.

However, if you did see it who do you think came out on top.

Mitt was on top of things, Cain was ready, Perry sputtered and sounded like a broke record on energy in Texas, Newt was his normal self and realy gave it to the guy in the White House.

Overall I thought it went quite well.

What do you all think?

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Although I would probably need a flame suit. I would love to see Newt rip Obama a new ass in the presidential debates. I just posted the link to Drudge that shows Obama Philly rally. Look at it. No body showed up.

In 08 he rallied in an arena, this year it looked like a motel meeting room.

Look for the Ha ha Obama thread.

Oh, by the way, we here in and around the Detroit area are going to be graced with the clowns of Occupy Detroit. Just in time for the ALCS playoffs and possible World Series. Watch the news for Detroit PD to take care of crowd control. DPD doesn't have the patience of the NYPD.

Jerbear

3. thunder

thunder Active Member

Cain said last night that the 9 9 9 won't change as long as he is President, guess what he won't be president forever. The politicians will have it up to 20 20 20 a few years after he is out of office.

Newt would burn Obama in a debate and would love to be their to hear it happen. The problem with Newt is that the GOP won't give him a chance to straighten out this country.

Romney a big ??????????????? for me.

Perry is done unless he changes, no one cares what he did in Texas, its what he can do with this economy and he hasn't shown anything to this point.

Paul should get off the stage and give the rest room to answer more questions.

Who ever gets the nomination has to beat Obama, or we won't have a country. Obama must be beat in 2012.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I rolled into the house about 15 minutes into the debate. I thought Romney was having a press conference. It was Romney for 10 minutes straight. I was ready to change surf the channels looking for the debate.

I don't think anyone was on their "game" last night with the exception of Romney. I'm thinking the mods passed their questions to Mitt prior to the debate...he seemed to have an answer, and a lengthy one at that, for every question posed. The entire debate did not have me sitting on the edge of the chair.

As for the other candidates...

Perry is done. zzzzzzzzzz

Bachmann is done. Her field of expertise is way to narrow.

Huntsman is done. To claim your state has continuely had the lowest unemployment is a misnomer. Most of the state is Mormom, and most in the state have a work ethic. How many minorities are Mormoms and how many have inherited a work ethic. With the demographics, its a gift to any governor.

Rick Sanorum always has a pained expression on his face. I still don't understand any of his proposed policies....he's gone

Newt...Newt, Newt, Newt. Before he threw his hat into the ring, his face was on the Hannity show 2-3 times a week, and each time Hannity would ask if he were going to join the race. I got sick and tired of him real quick. Newt only made appearances because he was always hawking his newest book.(Which none I've ever read). Now, since he's been on stage during the debates, he's recaptured my attention. Very few answers to the mods I disagree with. I'll miss him at the debates. I hope he gets an appointment within the next administration....he's gone

Ron Paul...I don't think he's as crazy as many make him out to be, but he does have a few views that I cannot grasp and many feel the same....he's gone

Herman Cain...He was my pick prior to him joining this race. He fell kind of flat at this debate IMHO. He needs to pick up his game and explain this 9-9-9. He needs to add that along with a balanced budget amendment, that also the repeal of the income tax amendment is needed to implement his 9-9-9. He is a Fair Tax proponent, I don't understand why he went the 9-9-9 route instead. If he doesn't make things more clearer Romney will eat him up.

Mitt Romney, as stated earlier had evey question nailed down and didn't appear to stumble over anything. Wasn't there another smooth talker who had the ability to say anything you wanted to hear?....Oh yea, Bill Clinton. Mitt talks a good game about being a business man, but wasn't he kind of born with a "silver spoon" and continued to ride into everything on his daddy' coat-tails?

Anyway, I feel Romney had the best of the show.

5. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I agree, Ron paul should save his money and get back to work.

Perry better step his game up.

999- Is a pipe dream. I agree Cain needs to completly explain this plan and that the existing tax funds (numerous) will be elliminated.

I was very glad to hear a consensous to stop OBAMYCARE from day one when enaugerated.

I want to hear someone say all the Czars are fired on day one as well.

Newt, Gun Dr has it right, he needs to be more serious about being a candidate, I feel he would make a great subordinant to who ever is elected. He is and will keep the rest of them honest for now.

6. Garry

Garry Active Member

Newt will get my vote for the Republican nomination. Newt would also make a great VP if he doesn't get the nomination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.