1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Lasik ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ccridr, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccridr

ccridr Member

Who has had it done, and did any one do it at Lasik Vision Institute?
    Thanks in advance, Colby

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

My wife had lasik and the reulst were great. She had it dome by oru eye doctor who is an eye surgeon. Here in the western burbs of chicago.

3. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

My brither had the procedure done over a year ago and he now not only got rid of his glasses, after 40 years, he is able to see fine and shoots better than before, this part I dont appreciate because I cant beat him from the 22 yard line. I will just have to get the lasik.

Berettaman7

4. skarloey

skarloey TS Member

Mine worked great from Pepose Vision Institute, St. Louis.

5. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Got mine done in 1999. 20/15 vision. Loving it. Do your research on the doctor before getting it done, but I would definitely do it over again. Only last year did I have to start using reading glasses for my computer work and reading. Not bad considering my Dad already has tri-focals and Mom has bi-focals. Reading glasses were definitely in my future, but nine years later, I'm still testing at 20/15 for distance. Absolutely no regrets.

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Had mine in 2001. good results and I don't miss glasses. Kind of get dry eyes though , but maybe its cause I am old as dirt.

7. BIGbill

BIGbill TS Member

I went to see my partner last friday about LASIK, and my cornea is too thin. He says less than 500 microns and you need to get PRK rather than LASIK. Sounds like PRK hurts for 3-4 days and I wouldn't be able to operate for 7 to 14 days after surgery, so I am keeping my glasses for now.

My corneas and my hair are the only two thin things about me.

Bill

8. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

First let me say I am LEFT ...SUPER LEFT eye dominant. So much so I switched to shooting left handed three years ago. I had my left eye done with PRK in 1997. I had a excellent surgeon but as with a lot of PRK surgery`s he missed just a touch. I ended up with 20/25 and could squint my way through the 20/20 chart. Hey it was great after 20/300. At the time you could only get one eye done at a time for safety reason`s. After that experience I decided to wait on my right eye and continued to use contacts. In 1995 I decided to try lasik. What a fantastic result. My left eye has now gotten off a touch more.I`m 50 and it is to be expected. On 4-15-08 I get my left eye done again but this time with lasik. I`m primarily a skeet shooter but in all clay sports the time I need to pick up the clay as it leaves the house is killing me. I`m excited about the prospect of being able to see well again. I am lucky. My eye even after RPK and lasik both qualify for surgery. My cornea thickness on both are above 600.

FWIW I would NEVER have RPK again for any reason. Its not as accurate, Extremely painful and seldom do you get a second chance as I have to use lasik again after RPK surgery.

Find a good surgeon. I have a good friend that had lasik and his eyes are RUINED. He was turned down by a couple surgeon`s then OK`d by another. He should have known better.

9. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

That should have read 2005 on my right eye. Plus I was informed that there is now a tracking laser on the equipment that tracks your eye as its doing the burn. Something that was lacking in 1997.

10. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

It has been one month since I had Lasik done. Have tested 20/15 in left and 20/20 in the right with 20/15 together. Hard to believe that I would ever be able to see this clearly again after 40 years with glasses. Drawback, need 1.0 reading glasses but sometimes can read without them. My eyes do get dry and I use drops frequently. That should subside in 6 months they say. I have not been able to shoot any targets yet, but will rectify that on March 30th at BlueGrass Traps.
    I would do it again in a heartbeat. Lasik Plus in Lexington, KY did mine. Service and procedure were very professional and the actual laser work took seconds. It is amazing...........from 20/something to 20/20 in seconds. You will love it. Good luck, Nubs Wagner.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

My wife had her eyes done and loves the results, inspite of having to have an enhancement to the right eye ... I have been wearing contacts for over 30 years and have had good to great results with them so I will stick with what I know for sure ... My Cardiologist had his eyes done with Lasiks and he had major problems just getting his vision back to where it could be corrected to 20/20, so he is totally against it ... I guess it works for some and not so great for others so if you are one of the ones it works for the results can onviously be worth it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

On one TV show they said that there was a 3% failure rate. My luck is not very good so I just wear glasses. I figure the more they advertise about how many procedures they have done, the more problems that they have had.

And what about the one who advertises that it results are not good it is free?

One person on TV said he had to put drops in about every three minutes.

Now this was a few years back before the technology was what it is today.Ray.......

13. Bwanar

Bwanar TS Member

My wife is a tech that assists in Laser surgery. They rarely have problems and almost never have failures. Depending on a lot of variables you may not get the outcome you would like, but it is always an improvement. It's not like your going to see worse.