1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Laser eye surgery

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PARebel, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PARebel

PARebel Member

I had my first round of laser surgery in my right eye today because of diabetic retinopathy. the second, more extensive round is monday. Dr. said I should be able to shoot with no problems. Anyone else have this done ? what can i expect ? Thanks, Lawson Rupert.

2. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Lawson,

you have a PM.

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

SKeet guy,

That's not the same eye problem. Retinopothy is a disease that produces swelled blood vessels in the retina. The result of this disease, if not treated, is eventual total retinal detachment resulting in blindness. The only recourse is to laser, or weld the retina to the back of the eye. Each laser strike blinds you permanently at that location so extensive laser on the retina can be devastating to your ability to see very well. I've had 60% coverage in both eyes and I only have frontal vision...no side to side or up or down vision. My surgeon calls it "barbaric" surgery but it's the only option. Hopefully, Lawson's case is not advanced and hopefully he has a top notch surgeon. With retinopoty many top surgeons disagree on how much laser to apply so be sure you have the very best! Before laser, most if not all diabetics with retinopothy ended up blind.

Good News!!!

After my last surgery in 1992, I broke my 1st 100 in registered doubles. Your surgeon was right...you'll still be able to shoot. You'll just appreciate the ability to do so alot more.

Hope this helps.

Good luck Lawson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.