1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Laptop sound cards

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by miss alot, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miss alot

miss alot TS Member

I think my sound card in my laptop took a crap on me, has anybody ever changed one. I've changed one in my pc before so i have some ability too this but don't know where to start at to do this. Any helpful hints out there.

Shoot Straight and Shoot Often
    Rich

2. jmas

jmas TS Member

Check your laptop manufacturer's web site to see if they offer a "maintenance and service guide" for the model of your laptop. Many do and and you can see how to get to it and remove and install the new one.

Also available are external sound cards that connect via USB. The sound quality with these are usually very good although it is just something else to take along if you need your sound when you are mobile.

jmas

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Check for a driver issue. It's common that an update can sometimes cause it not to function. Most laptops have the sound built in to the mainboard and is not replacable. An external USB sound card will work in that case.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Laptops don't normally have a sound "card," but use integrated chip technology on their motherboards. There's no room for a sound or video card in the cases.

I would go to the laptop's manufacturer's site and download the driver specific to your model, then install that driver. Probably wouldn't hurt to get an updated driver anyway.

Next, depending on the OS, such as XP, get to the SOUND icon in Control Panel, and click on a sound denoted with an asterik (*). Then click the right arrow. Hoping that your speakers work and are on, you should hear a sound. If not, then your speaker volume control on the laptop may be off. You can also test with a set of speakers plugged into the laptop. Remember that extrenal speakers should be plugged in at the GREEN port.

WW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.