1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Kimber shotgun

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by i_shoot, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Need some info on a Kimber Augusta 12 ga. I heard that they were made by Antonio Zoli & are similar to the Zoli Z Sport & Verona LX980.
    Do you or anyone you know own onw & if so I could use some opinions & feedback.

Thanks,
    i_shoot

2. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

i_shoot ,

The Kimber Augusta (that I drooled over) was (is) one of the most stricking guns I have ever mounted . It was 32" with really dark wood that was extremely well figured . It lacked a drop out trigger group but had I not just acquired a Dakota/Zoli , my emotions may have gotten the better of my judgement .

At the time , it was priced at $5400 ; and I was advised by the shop owner that he would not take an order for a "group of spare parts" that would have bolstered my confidence in a long term relationship with the gun .

I don't know if the S/O just didn't want to be bothered with my "wish list" or what ; a call to Kimber wasn't any more encouraging .

Charlie Neal
    Mobile , AL

3. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Thanks Charlie, I appreciate it much.

i_shoot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.