1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Kidney Stone Attack

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe kuhn, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Man, that was rough. The half hour waiting for the narcotics was the longest half hour of my life. I swear the ladies at the nurse's station were laughing at the guy talking to his kidney stone. 'Come on baby, move.'

A little FlowMax and a hot bath and it moved to the bladder. Then alot of pop for lunch the next day and out it came the rest of the way.

Get this - I mailed it to my Urologist.

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I've been that route three times....MISERABLE! Coka Cola was the villian!

3. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I had two attacks in one week. The only thing that would stop the pain was morphine. In the hospital that I went to they the doctors got me the drugs right away. Sorry to hear that you had to wait for yours.

4. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Save the stone and have it analyzed. Find out what are causing them and drink lots of liquid. Dr. told me that if your pee is not clear, you are not drinking enough. He also recommended beer. I asked whay and he said "have you ever heard of someone drinking a six pack of 7 UP?" Good excuse for a cold one.

I used to have them regularly and drinking lots of water, haven't had one in a couple of years. After saying that, I will probably have one tomorrow.

Good Luck,
    Mike

5. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

Been there a couple times myself! I have to be real careful to stay hydrated, especially in the summer. And I usually suffer for a couple hours before I decide that I have to go to the ER to get some relief. I hate hospitals, they have sick people in there and I might catch something! :)

Mark

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Have your urologist prescribe some UROCET-K take it when your symptoms just start to occur,it will disslove some stones, and help passing others. I have not needed it in a while now, but I have it on hand, they are the 1080 Mg ones

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Had a kidney stone back in my thirties. Remember layin' on the bed in the emergency room screamin' for drugs. 250 mg of Demerol and a day later I woke up, pee'd and out it came. Doctor said that pain from a kidney stone is the closest a man can come to the pain of child birth.

8. Billster

Billster TS Member

God bless Vicodin is all I can say! YOWZA! Could open a beanbag factory here.

b

9. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

Had two (2) lithotripsies in ONE WEEK. Damn Dr. missed the first time. Lots of REPEATED pain unnecessary. Next time I had a stone I changed Drs. He prescribed a pill (which I think was made of citrus) plus a teaspoon of baking soda each day. It dissolved in 5 week without a sign on the x-ray. Guess it is up to the luck of the draw when you choose a doctor.

10. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

You haven't had one until you have one 4.5cm round like mine. About the size of the end of your thumb. Took 3000 shots from the "atom blaster" to get rid of that one. But yes, the several small ones I've had were killers too!

11. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

I feel your pain, more than once. Let me tell you a stuck stone has got to be the worst pain on earth............Roger

12. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

A lot of you guys have had it much worse than what I went thru. I take my hat off to you.

13. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

My DR. says ice tea causes a lot of them, and I drank a lot of it, all year! I've had 5 now. Trying to cut back and drink more H2O

14. Model12Lady

Model12Lady Member

Kidney stones are no fun for men or women. They are especially bad for men do to the differnce in some physical differences in the plumbing. NSPKTR1 your doctor had it wrong..I have given birth twice (no fun either time) and had 1 kidney stone....I will take childbirth any day.

15. Duck

Duck Member

3oz. extra virgin olive oil mix with 3oz. pure lemon extract (real lemon will work) drink this mix three times daily. Had one went to the Doc, CT showed another on the other side. Home remedy from a relative worked for me. No pain
    and a couple of days later it hit the funnel screen.

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Drink LOTS of water.

Plain old water.

17. Olrusty

Olrusty TS Member

Had a few of these myself. First one when I was in the service,about 22 or 23 yrs old, then one every couple years for the next several years,20 or 30yrs. I've passed several, as the above threads mention, but the fun ones are the ones they have to "dig" out. Up thru the "you know what" and up into the tubes and so forth. Then they pull them out. Lots of fun.---Jack M

18. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

I know the feeling well. I have averaged 1 per year since I was 14 so I guess I have had around 38-40. The last one in September was the worst by far. Lithotripsy & it still couldn't bust it up enough to pass so like you said here we go through the Uretha digging & clawing.

"Oh what fun it is to ride on a morphine induced day"

Just kidding, it is pain that cannot be described but has to be experienced to fully appreciate.

i_shoot

19. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Ken X .......thats what my doctor told me too. I had one removed a month ago and had it anylized. There are several different type stones. By anylizing your stone , you can pinpoint its makeup and what might have caused it. DRINK LOTS OF WATER !

20. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I have also experienced the PAIN of kidney stones and hope I never have another one. I now lay off the following things:

Tea

Cola

Nuts of any kind.

Wheat Bran - I used to cover my cereal with this.

Cut down on your chocolate.

Sunflower Seeds.

You can find more about what NOT to eat or drink on Google.

B Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.