1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T KANSAS PHEASANT HUNTING

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bling 27, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bling 27

bling 27 Member

A couple frinds and I are considering hunting Kansas the week between Christmas and New Year. We were going to hunt in Smith County , around Smith Center. Anyone know if the pheasant hunting in that area is any good. Thanks for any info. Wayne

2. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

The Kansas pheasant season opens this Saturday. We will be hunting North of Garden City. You should be able to get better information a week from now. Ron

3. bling 27

bling 27 Member

Thanks Ron, Wayne

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Wayne, I saw a good number of pheasants just a little south east of there a couple weeks ago while fishing Lake Waconda. Many of the Walk-in areas around there seem to have good cover this year. Good luck and keep us posted. Steve

5. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Yes we did Mark, I was smallmouth bass fishing. We had 6 smallies that went between 4 and 5 lbs. all taken from one spot in about a 15 min. period. Most went between 14 and 16 inches though. Probably be a while before having another day like that one. It was fun while it lasted.

I fished Wilson 2 wks. later. Many smallies, but not the size. Actually caught more good-sized largemouth. Also a very nice striper. Take care---Steve

6. bling 27

bling 27 Member

Any good opening day reports ?

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Found a few this weekend near Jetmore and Ness City.
    [​IMG]

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

A few quail, too.
    [​IMG]

9. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

Wayne , I have a nepfew just west of BellAire , which is 6 mailes from SC, he probally has several thousand acres to hunt, if interested let me know, he will be in LA Cal. for Thanksgiving, Check out the football team there, at this time they are 79-0 over the last 6 yrs and going for their 6th straight state title this weekend Chuck

10. high 2

high 2 Member

timmb99, were the birds flushing wild or did you get some points? Haven`t had a chance to hunt Kansas, but the season opens here in OK Tuesday. My shorthairs are ready and so am I. Did you see many quail or just a few? Was the beer for you or the dog? Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.