1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T just being cynical or is it true?!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spitter, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

... is it me or are some of you of the opinion that some people seem to thrive on the misery of others? My self-proclaimed theory on this topic is...

"Others want to you to be happy, but not too happy and not happier than they are... they may not want you to have a lot of problems, but they want you have some problems and more problems than they have..."

and for those having a bad day... "better to be pissed off than pissed on."

Hope those put your day into perspective!

Jay

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I for one am "Happy" that you're "Happy", but not as "Happy" as me, for I know that your "Problems" are more "Problematic" than my "Problems" which are so minute that I am shielded from any erratic urination...

Curt (and I prefer 7-1/2's)

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Gee, now thats a new one, never heard that one before except maybe 32,418 or so times in the past 60 years ... Good one, How original and a waste of bandwidth ... WPT ... (YAC)

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

spitter, it is not you, a lot of people actually thrive or live for the misery of others.

I'm going to paraphrase an old Russian story/parable - There is an old Russia peasant without anything out working his fields, 1 day he digs up a vase. He opens the vase, and out comes a genie. The genie thanks him for letting him out of the vase and grants him 1 wish. Only there is a stipulation, whatever he wishes for, his neighbor will receive double. The genie then explains that if he wishes for 1 million rubles, he will receive 1 million rubles but his neighbor will receive 2 million rubles. He also explains that if he wishes for a beautiful wife his neighbor will get 2 beautiful wives. If he wishes for a mule to help plow his neighbor will get 2 mules, etc..

The genie asks the peasant with absolutely nothing if he understands how his wish will work? The peasant says he does, and asks the genie to come back tomorrow to give him time to think about his 1 wish. The genie agrees.

The next day the genie returns and ask the peasant if he has thought about the 1 wish he can grant? The peasant says yes. The genie asks "what is it?" The peasant replies - "I wish you would blind me in 1 eye".

That is why some people don't mind if politicians raise taxes on "the rich". Sure their taxes might go up a little but some rich bastard is really having to take it in the a*$. And that makes em happy.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

spitter, if your happy then I'm happy most of us on this site are only here to assure your happy. NOT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.