1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Is Club Car a good cart?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2004 Club Car in very good condition except for two worn tires for $1500.00.(They are selling them to the public for $2000.00) I think this a good deal? Are they as good as EZgo's? It does have the roof and windshield. Recommendations please. I've wanted to get one for a while to use for sporting clays and to run to the store(I live in a small town) but don't know much about them. Jackie B.

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Gas or Battery powered?

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jackie, if it is battery powdered buy in now, or I will. Club Car's are very good. Now all you need is the trailer. LOL. Break-em all. Jeff

4. Shooting Jack

I forgot to add that it is electric and the batteries check good. Jackie B.

5. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I agree with Jeff

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Buy it. Club Car is a very good cart. I assume it is a 36 volt. A 48 volt would be more desirable; but of course it would cost a lot more. Good Luck. Ed

7. Shooting Jack

Ed, how do I tell what the voltage is? It has 4 large batteries. The look about the size of batteries that are used in semi-trucks. I didn't see anyplace on the cart or battery as to voltage. We used to sell the 6 volt batteries seems like they were 3200's but these are a lot bigger than those and quite a bit larger(27's) than the big trolling motor batteries in my bass boat. Jackie B.

8. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I have a 2002 Club Car and it's in excellent shape. I certainly wouldn't sell it for $1,500. It's a 48 volt electric with 6 large 8-volt batteries.

I know lots of people with golf carts and probably 90% of them are Club Car. I think that Club Car is better made than the EZ Go carts.

Easystreet

9. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

In my opinion, Club Cars are by far the best available for the shooting sports. It has an all aluminum frame! When we build carts specifically for shooters, we always start with either a new or used club car dependent on the budget of the shooter.

These carts have lasted longer than others built upon a ez-go cart frame. Your $1,500 price isn't bad at all. We always start with the 48 volt carts and build them to shooters specifications.

Good luck with your new cart.

Cory

10. esoxhunter

Easystreet: Don't you mean 8 - 6 volt batteries? (If you have only 6 batteries you have a 36 volt cart) Jackie: All you need to do is lift up the seat and count the batteries. If there are 6 batteries it is a 36 volt and if there are 8 batteries it is a 48 volt. (Each battery is a 6 volt battery) Believe me when they wear out you are looking at a lot of $$. Hope this helps. Ed

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Yes they are really nice smooth running little carts...If I was to want a battery powered this is a great deal...I am a gas motor guy though...P.S.I am selling my very customized Yamaha gas model for much less than the current value if anyone is interested

12. Shooting Jack

Ed, there are only 4 Batteries in this cart but we sell 8 volt batteries for the newer carts but one fella I overheard say that these carts have 4 - 12volt batteries, I didn't know if that was true or not. I have used some ezgo's at shoots and this one will go almost twice as fast as the ezgo's. It also has good pickup from a dead stop. Maybe Cory can shed some light on the subject. Thanks for you input. Jackie B.

13. TigerMyrtle

TigerMyrtle Member

"Carts" are pulled & "Cars" are driven. I agree that Club Car makes a better car than EZ-GO due to the aluminum frame. Trojan batteries are good but not necessary as I would personally opt. for a rechargable Optima or similar gel battery. Especially in hot environments........No water levels to ever check.
    Eric

14. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Jackie B:

Ok I can't tell you if it is a good deal or not but as some has said it was, but my dad was in the golf cart buisness, and used to buy and re sell golf cart's for about 10 years and he swear's buy the Club Car cart they was less trouble and back then most wanted a Yamaha but they was ok if you wanted the original color but try to paint one of them and you will see the Club Car's are Superior.

Ok not only painting them but all around they are the best from a dealer stand point over the EZ-GO, and the rest.

Ok my dad liked the electric over the gas version well a lot of course's around here only allow electric's anyway!

Ok as far as the voltage they was all 36 volt's when he was in buisness that was before the 48 volt one's.

Fog

15. Easystreet

Esoxhunter,

No. I meant it exactly as I wrote it. It has SIX 8-volt batteries.

Easystreet

16. esoxhunter

Easystreet: Sorry. I'm an oldtimer who is still living in the "black powder" age! My last cart was in 1998. At that time the standard carts had either 6 - 6 volt batteries (36 volts) or 8 - 6 volt batteries (48 volts). I know when it came time to replace the batteries it cost me $400 and I had a 36 volt. But I do know at the time, the 48 volt had so much more power than the 36 volt. Ed

17. Easystreet

Ed,

No problem. Sorry if I sounded harsh in my reply. I didn't mean for it to sound that way.

By the way, I replaced the original batteries just last year and they cost me about $460 for the 6 new 8-volt Trojan batteries. The cart runs good.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.