1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

o/t internet service

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by whiz630, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz630

whiz630 TS Member

i am tired of the cable service and all their come on plans. what is the least expensive internet service you are now using? whiz630

2. ctreay

ctreay Member

We just switched to Time Warner. Digital phone with unlimited local calls, roadrunner internet service and H-D TV. $126.00 month

ctreay

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

check verizon for the new palm phone. it included the phone and internet connection for about 75 per month and you use the phoine as a modem.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

It depends on what you require. If you do a lot of downloads and heavy surfing, email attachments, etc, you should have broadband. There are dialup services from about $10 a month. Stay away from Verizon DSL, since they have NO customer support. Any of the "Wireless" cell services are expensive when you top out the limits of data transfers. Satellite usually has latency and issues in poor weather. The least expensive "Internet Only" cable I've seen was about $35. AT&T has a $10 or $15 DSL deal in many areas. They hide it well, so you have to ask. There are some FIOS and WI-Max offers out there, but check the user comments and ratings. The "packages" are sometimes a good deal and sometimes not. It depends on when or if the initial offer price expires.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The only ISP I've ever had is Verizon which initially was BellAtlantic. I started with their dial-up service, went to their DSL when it came out and switched to their FIOS as soon as they ran the lines in my neighborhood last year. I've never had trouble getting quality technical support. I like their service so well, in fact, that we have two landlines, two cel phones, Internet service and FIOS TV with them.

And unlike some others (Time-Warner, for example), they are not anti-gun.

We pay $250 per month for two landlines with unlimited local and long-distance, two cel lines sharing 700 minutes and unlimited text and whatever else cel phones do these days, high-speed Internet and two TVs on FIOS HD and two on FIOS digital.

Ed

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I switched to AT&T Uverse DSL about 6 months ago. Very happy with dependability and WiFi capabilities. $20.00@ month total.

JON

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Maybe your neighbor has an unprotected wireless modem you could hook into.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.