1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Internet Provider

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I live in west central Illinois. I am hooked upwith a local oprovider called WINCO. My service has gone to pot in the last year. I have had a GOOD computer repair service come out and telle me up and tell me my computer is ok. Currently I use Dialup because I don'tuse mine to its fullest capacity and see no reason to think I might. The question is, who are some of you hooked up with that are totally reliable oram I expecting too much from anyone. Honest question and honest answers will be appreciated. Dave P

2. rosies dad

rosies dad Member

As a retired Phone co guy, your issues may not be the Internet Service Provider, but from the Phone co.
    You didnt say what issues you were having, but noisey phone lines can make the computer just work horrible. The noises sometimes border on being inaudible (especially to us half deaf shooters)
    Dont expect to call the phone co and get much cooperation though (they love to charge you $$$, or sell you DSL)
    DSL with ATT starts at around $15 mo, and you dont tie your phone line up while surfing.

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I have used various service providers and settled on www.dslextreme.com !

Price is right for bot6h dial up and DSL....plus very knowlegeable and helpful tech service that SPEAKS ENGLISH AS A 1ST LANGUAGE!!!!!

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I had Earthlink to start with and had problems all the time. Had it for nearly 2 years. 21.00 + dollars.

I switched to EV1.net in Houston Texas and was with them several years till they quit the dial up service. 9.95 dollars. Never had any complaints and all was well. They would do a conversion to PeoplePC on a certain date.

Well, I went ahead and switched to PeoplePc.com and it has been a couple of years now and I have not had one problem. Also 9.95 dollars. With tax is $10.74 a month. I do not need any more than dial up for what I do. Yes, some down loads do take a long time but I have the time to wait.

You can call them at 1-866-772-6277 for information and if they are in you area. If you decide to go with them email me for my name and I think I will get a month free. Probably same if someone gives your name later if you are with them.

PeoplePC does load their home page when connected and I have not found out how to stop it. I did go to Tools, Internet Options, and on the General tab I selected Yahoo for the home page but it still loads PeoplePC home page.

Also when I switch users (I use XP)it will disconnect without asking and I will have to reconnect. I have not really spent much time to get these resolved. I did send an email and they suggested I call. I never called.

PC World had an article 2 or 3 or so months back where Net Zero was extremely hard to cancel after their trial period. I did not read the whole article. Do a search on PC World magazine for the article on dial up sevrices.Ray.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.