1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Integrity, What does the word mean to you!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I wanted to see what your opinions were before I tell why I'm asking this.
    Does this speak of character as well as honesty to you? Thanks for your response. Jackie B.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Alf, you hit it on the head with your statement. Whether it costs you or not, do the right thing. Bulge.

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Most only have it as long as it is not costing them anything nowdays.

4. BudLight

BudLight Member

I agree with Alf also!! Ron

5. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one will know about it.

Semper fi,

HBT

6. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

The real non imagined definitions.

Integrity
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

For other uses of the term Integrity, see integrity (disambiguation).

Integrity is consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcome. As a holistic concept, it judges the quality of a system in terms of its ability to achieve its own goals. A value system's abstraction depth and range of applicable interaction may also function as significant factors in identifying integrity due to their congruence or lack of congruence with empirical observation. A value system may evolve over time while retaining integrity if those who espouse the values account for and resolve inconsistencies.

Integrity may be seen as the quality of having a sense of honesty and truthfulness in regard to the motivations for one's actions. The term "hypocrisy" is used in contrast to integrity for asserting that one part of a value system demonstrably conflicts with another, and to demand that the parties holding apparently conflicting values account for the discrepancy or change their beliefs to improve internal consistency.

Honesty
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This article is about the value of speaking truth. For other uses, see Honesty (disambiguation).

Honesty is the value of speaking truth and creating trust in minds of others. This includes all varieties of communication, both verbal and non-verbal. Honesty implies a lack of deceit. A statement can be strictly true and still be dishonest if the intention of the statement is to deceive its audience. Similarly, a falsehood can be spoken honestly if the speaker actually believes it to be true.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Integrity, is honesty in any and every circumstance. Regardless of who is or isn't watching. It's standing up for the rights of others as well as your own; it's protecting and caring for those that can't care for them selves.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Integrity, may include all aspects of honesty, but more importantly its a "values" qualifyer. Its following through on your "word", "promise" or "handshake", irrespective of the truth, circumstances and/or consequences.

IMHO, of course!

regards to all,

Jay

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here's and example of "lack of integrity". Enjoying your hope and change koolaid drinkers?

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

"I was acting under the definition of sexual relations provided by my attorney, therefore, I have no reason to believe I have done anything other than testify truthfully in this matter..."

Oh yeah, give it to us Bill.

11. Shooting Jack

I think you have all made a good point and it's pretty much how I was raised. I was raised that you may not be well off financially but your word was worth more than money. I can't honestly say that I lived by that standard in my younger years. I did realize the error of my ways and have strived to live a life of good example especially demonstrating to my children that I was a man of integrity. I'm not saying that I am holier than thou and definitely don't have that attitude. I've said all this to say that everyone on TS.com are not people of integrity in my opinion.

The latest example that has happened to me on here is that there were items for sale for which I answered the thread and emailed that I would like to purchase the items for sale. The individual responded to me with a shipping address but with the option of purchasing more of the items listed. I responded immediately that I would also like to purchase them and to please let me know the total including shipping. Meanwhile someone else contacted the seller and he decided to sell the items to someone else without letting me know anything. I didn't ever hear anything else from the seller. I have always paid without hesitation for everything I have bought on TS.com so I know it's not that. I have purchased a number of items from Jack/Mia, Gary Nelson, Bob Knight among others. I have always paid immediately and in any form that was requested. I drove almost 350 miles to buy 2000 lbs of shot but seller decided he couldn't safely travel with that much weight and only brought 1100 lbs and that was fine because he contacted me and expressed his concern. I feel that part of integrity is communication. I too, have given my word that I was going to do something and due to health problems, accidents or something along that line that I was unable to live up to my word but I always communicated with the other party and explained why and tried to reconcile the condition. I guess I've said all that to say that I was hurt that someone let me down without communication. I always try to think the best and respect individuals regardless of their stature in life. I know some will say that I'm just whining because I didn't get the items for sale but that's not it at all. I just feel at loss that people will act that way. It probably wouldn't have happened if it was a face to face thing but integrity is the same regardless of situations. No, I'm not going to cry about it but hope that something I say or do makes a difference in peoples life's. Jackie B.

12. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Jackie I know you to be a man of Integrity. It is something we share and cannot always put a defination to. Hold your head high knowing that those you have dealt with cannot enjoy such status. Jake P.S. Enjoyed our visit and your pooch was a gas, polished the feed ramp on my new toy and she works like a dream.

13. Shooting Jack

Thanks Jake for your response. I have appreciated your help and hope you continue to enjoy your toy. I really like mine and it's so light that you hardly notice it. I ordered a couple of ankle holsters for them and if you decide you need one let me know. Jackie B.

14. shadow

shadow Active Member

Google Obama and the definition you are looking for is just the opposite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.