1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Insurance question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigbore613, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I would like opinions or referals about self employed health Insurance. I am 47 and find myself back in the Restoration buisness a resident of VA. Any help appreciated. Jeff

2. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

NASE - National Association for the Self Employed - is the only source I know of. I'm sure they have a website. I hear their ads on the radios. For a while about 10 years ago, I enrolled in a health plan they offered. For the time I was in it, it was fine. Check that one out. There may be others.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Check anthem.com they are the blue cross provide in a number of states, including Virginia. That website will give you a free quote.

I would suggest a Health Savings Account (HSA) with a high deductible. I have a PPO policy from them in Indiana, it's affordable. Check the fine print, I was told I had prescription drug coverage. I do but found out later it is for generic drugs only. That might be a problem if you want the latest and newest drug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.