1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T - I will never stay @ a Days Inn again!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I am staying @ a Days Inn franchise for the KY State Shoot. I am the last one to complain, but this is awful! Everyday, I have to go have my key redone. They have never changed the sheets, or gave me towels. I have been here since Wednesday, and they made the bed and dumped trash once. Wished I would have slept in truck. By the way, this franchise is owned by NON-Americans!

Matt

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

sportshot, I have seen it & I agree. This is disgusting. The first night I was here I had Mexican food from the restaurant next door. I finally put it outside and it was picked up yesterday. That is 2 days later. They offered a free continenatl breakfast. It was cornflakes, froot loops, and stale Krispy Kreme donuts. They didn't even make coffee on Thursday or Friday. A guy that was in breakfast area (same time I was) got pissed! He knocked on management door, to get coffee. Guess what? A little foreigner came running out. I looked in door, and there was a cot in there. From now on, when I make reservations I am going to ask if it is American owned. Things might be like this where they come from, but I don't have to stay in shit! I never complain about anything. I am in a business that sponsors this site, and I understand everyone makes mistakes. This is a never-ending mistake. This episode has really burnt me. I had rather slept in the truck for 4 days than this B.S.

Matt

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I mentioned the word "Foreigner" is post above. I did not mean that in a racial slur, or to offend anyone. I was just stating the facts that the person wasn't American.

Matt

4. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Incians own 40% of the motel rooms in the U S.

The Best Western in Sparta, IL was or is owned by foreigners who have defaulted on tax payments to the city and on their loans.

5. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I check the bed spread for tracks, if you know what I mean. Never use the drinking glasses and bring your own santitizer for the toilet and the faucet handles. It pays to never go barefoot in your room either. Needles, germs, Lord knows what.

Third-world mentality is bloody awful.

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

In the late 90's my wife worked for two major hotel/motel chains. During that time there was a movement afoot by East Indians and Pakistanis to defraud property owners.

These people would get a special deal with their Visa's that gave all the adults $40,000 in start-up money from our government. Entire family's would get their "loans", buy into a franchise, do all the cash business and skimming they could and bail out. They would use the name Patel, and disappear into the immigrant underground all around the US.

What you are experiencing is just an extension of that, and their cultural practices. I have witnessed the destruction of several properties that my wife's company was forced to recover. Disgusting, to say the least.

I suggest that you contact the home office of the Days Inn, and then write a letter of the conversation with the home office, address it to the CEO.

Mean while, raise holly hell and get the service you want, now!

JMHO,
    Kip

7. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

OMG I HEAR YOU! I was there and checked out after two days the little ****$&$ pulled the same crap you speak of. Filthy, never changed anything. Told me he was adding ten dollars a day for the two canines. Went right up to the H Inn, same rate, real breakfast, and people that you could understand what they are saying. Never again. I will address this with their corporate. Rick Gibbs

8. nipper

nipper TS Member

stay at holiday inn,they have priority club rewards, each stay=points 2000-4000 or so, wife and i just spent 7 days in nyc w57th 9 ave. based on this program all for free except travel, also typing this from a 3 day weekend hotel we are staying at for free based on same program

bill

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Ragheads just bought the HI here, turning it into a BW

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Mr. Charles has it dead on. Trust your sniffer. Those people have to be some of the dirtiest mudder bleapers walking the planet.

My favorite is when you clearly specify NON-SMOKING and they send you to a room, or in some cases, a whole damn wing that smells like you're sucking on an ashtray from a distance of about a 1/4".

That truly makes my blood boil, because you know at that point that they are just totally screwing with you. This is how violence occurs, they revert to high pitched sqealing in their native tongue, and the police get called.

Well, that's a story for another day. The best thing that we can do is to just try to stay away from joints that are operated by the little brown people who's women put their lipstick between their eyes.

11. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

I hate to say it, "But you get what you pay for".
    I and my wife learned the hard way a few years back that it dose not pay too stay in these "Econo. DUMPS".
    I don't mind spending an extra buck or two too get the service I require.
    Next time out try "Hampton Inn. we have had good luck with them so far.
    Good luck Guy's.

12. Erik W

Erik W Member

With motels, like anything else, absent an exceptional bargin, you pretty much get what you pay for. I second the recommendations for Hampton & Holiday.

13. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Holiday Inn in Philadelphia sucks. Bunch of crackheads working there and the rooms stink like smoke.

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Oh...now it's a "Conspiracy"....great information and I'm sure from a "credible source"...

Now that's funny!!

Curt

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Simple pay for your room and dispute the charges with your credit card co. About 30% of the time you will get your money back. I would also call the county health dept and the local code enforcement official. None of these places will beable to hold up to a spot inspection. Better yet call the local health dept and check on the complaints before checking in.

I had head lice in a room I stayed in in Florida. The owners have since moved on.
    Joe

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

When the Grand was in Ohio, I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Englewood just west of the grounds a few miles. Stayed there for years. Nice and clean. One year they put me in a room with an extremely loud ac. You couldn't sleep the damn thing was so loud. I asked for another room the next morning and they said no can do. I asked them to fix ac and they basically just laughed. I was paying $100 a night for a room I couldn't sleep in, I even wore my ear plugs in bed. I asked for a price adjustment if they couldn't fix ac and they said someone else will take room if I didn't want it. I found a room the 3rd day at the Dollar Inn next door for $25 where I could sleep.

They was a great hotel in Indy in the Castleton area that I stayed at when attending the Indiana state shoot. Right behind the Krispy Kreme that later became a Starbucks. I loved that place, then the blue or red dots took over and what a mess it became. Dirty floors, bugs everywhere, they didn't repair anything, holes in the walls. All the red and blue dots places are ran by people with the same last name - Patels. Stay clear!

17. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I've been traveling and staying in hotels for over 30 years. I once stayed in a very cheap motel in Boulder MT in 1976 I think. I got snowed in there on my way to Great Falls. It was old, very cheap but clean and warm. That same trip I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Idaho Falls right near the falls. I came down with the flu and even though I paid in advance, the bastards rented my room out three times in a row. Imagine laying in bed with the flu and strangers come waltzing in! I stayed in another Holiday Inn in Cedar City UT back in 1978. I refused the room after I found semen stains all over the bed spread. In 2005 I was staying in Rock Springs MD at a Days Inn and was attacked by roaches one night and pot smoking hip-hop idiots the next. They got so stoned they forgot which room was theirs and broke my door in trying to get into mine. The hotel security ran them off but the management refused to adjust my bill accordingly. All of these places were run by white Americans. What that has to do with anything I don't know, I just tossed it into the mix.

18. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Back in the days before we got our camper, Leo and I stayed in LOTS of motels in mnay states for various prices. Our worst experience came from Dayton one year at the Grand. We were at the Days Inn near the Little York Exit. Our reservation was for the full 2 weeks of the Grand. Every day we were out the door early (to get a parking space on the grounds) and every night we were late coming back after shoot-offs. Our routine was very predictable. One night we came into the room and the bed was "rumpled". Leo joked with me about sneaking back during the day for an afternoon nap....I had not been in the room since early that morning. Upon closer inspection, we found the sheets were "used"...an open Coke sat on the dresser (we don't drink Coke, we are Pepsi fans) and all the loose change Leo usually cleans out of his pockets onto the dresser was gone. Looking even harder, we found my shower "puffy" (that net I use instead of a wash cloth) was still damp. Now those nets usually dry out in less than an hour and it had been almost 18 since I had showered that morning. Now we are scared to use our tootbrushes, hairbrushes, etc. When I called the office I was told that I could come get clean sheets...thats all. No adustment in price since someone (I'm guessing someone in housekeeping) rented out our room for a short time. This was the same Days Inn where the S.W.A.T. team came busting into my room one afternoon....but that is another long story......

19. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Matt

Next year try the Fairfield Inn and suites at Berea. I have stayed there for years and it is always great . I think it was around 60 a night.

Hope you enjoyed the shoot.

Terry Dean

20. earlsue

earlsue TS Member

You are correct, always trust your nose. If you smell dogs cooking or camel crap RUN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.