1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T I learned a new word today.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

It's called humility. I went to Forrest City in Savannah today and shot(shot at) sporting clays. I ended up with a 60 and was hoping that they would not post my score. I'm reminded again of a saying I hear recently, "You haven't shot your worst round yet." I sure hope that was it. Jackie B.

2. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Jackie B ,

Do NOT feel badly , buddy , a different challenge and if'n you were using a high shooting trap gun , you did rather well .

Charlie

3. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Unless this was a creampuff course, and you haven't shot Sporting before, you did very well----especially if tournament targets. Now, if you were all bent out of shape worrying about chokes and shells and not watching the targets, you could have added another 10 just by putting mod in and 1 oz of 7 1/2's, and pay attention.

Probably give it another 2-3 times, and you'll be in the 80's, just put equipment out of your head and learn what the targets are doing. Smoooooth is the key.

4. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Jackie,I`ve been there. I was top dog in a local league, with 96%, when I shot my last 25 my back blew out, ended up shooting a 16, bye bye trophy.

Tom R.

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

There's no good or bad score in sporting clays. It depends how difficult the course is. Some targets are set for the Master class shooters. Unless you have that much experience, there is no way that you could know how much to lead a target. Unlike trap, sporting clay shooters get good by learning how to shoot every imaginable target- to the point where the never see a target that they haven't seen and shot at before.

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

My goal is to shoot at Least 50% on a new course, you did fine!

7. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

One of my shooting buddies always says that shooting is very HUMBLING sport!
    Just when ya think it can't get any worse, look out!

8. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

welcome to the club. i shot sporting clays also and had a 40 or 45. wow, what fun. lol

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jackie, don't worry about your first score that much OK. You did just fine. You will only get better as you shoot this sport. It is just so much fun though is it not!! Any standard 60/40 POI shotgun will be just fine. Smooth swings and don't stop when you pull the triger is probably the biggest no-no.Good Luck, and Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.