1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T I didn't know this about Palin

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ohio Bob, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

I couldn't find it at Snopes, maybe the Snopes patrol can.....

Question: What is America 's first line of missile interceptor defense that protects the entire United States ?
    Answer: 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard.

Question: What is the ONLY National Guard unit on permanent active duty?
    Answer: 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard

Question: Who is the Commander in Chief of the 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard?
    Answer: Governor Sarah Palin, Alaska

Question: What U.S. governor is routinely briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counter terrorism?

Question: What U.S. governor has a higher classified security rating than either candidate of the Democrat Party?

OH I THOUGHT SHE WAS JUST A HOCKEY MOM....

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Good points.

Don

3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Sarah Palen has my vote.

Sarah is not a Washington insider and has great character, value and insights.

Sarah won't blink in a fight. She won't have to conduct a poll or meet with advisers for week if she (god forbid) gets a 3:00 AM telephone call.

Sarah is the real deal and would make an excellent Vice President and (someday) President.

Ed Ward

4. Dick The Shooter

Dick The Shooter Member

Sarah Palin woun't bring a knife to a gun fight

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

I'd say good point, but then why hasn't she said this, and whenever she talks about foreign policy sounds like a blithering idiot? How is someone who can't even talk to the media supposed to talk to a man like Putin?!
    -Trappy

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I suppose "Bumbling Biden", the "wizard" of words would scare Putin? Geeze. Great idea, lets send a guy who looks and sounds like a snake oil salesman to deal with Putin and Iran. Heavan Help us.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Sounds like a blithering idiot............Wanna see a monkey?

HM

8. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Trappy12-If it isn't evident that the press (who is supposed to report the facts, not interpret them) is so negative/prejudiced to the conservative side in this country you should pay attention more. I would really like to see the press throw hardball questions to Mr. Obamma instead of the incredulous powder puff feel good questions that they are KNOWN to ask. If this is not totally descriminatory......tell me what is.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

For once I agree with trappy in part. It is a good point. An excellent point. It would be a tie breaker. Too bad it will never be disclosed on national TV.
    I just e mailed to our local news station in Pittsburgh. Let's see what happens.

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have seen it on tv and several items I posted on here. She is the real deal.

Trappy12,

I know you are not an idiot, so I won't call you one. However, I can't understand why someone as smart as I think you really are, can't understand how the media works. Have you never noticed that any flub or misstatement that Bush, McCain, or Palin make will all be found on CNN, ABC, and NBC and are Democratically owned news medias. You have to go to FOX to see any made by both. Do yourself a little favor and research that before you do reach voting age so you can make good life decisions. Jackie B.

11. calilori

calilori TS Member

The only reason she sounds like an idiot on the news is because when she says intelligent things they end up on the cutting room floor. They distort facts and misquote others and try to "catch" her. Who can "win" like that. Everything that I have read from her that isn't the usual liberal bullsh...is that she is highly intelligent and personable.

12. SwannyinMinn.

SwannyinMinn. TS Member

Because it is so rare that she says anything that sounds reasonably smart.

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

How many people here could walk out on a stage in front of 60,000 people and 60 million watching on TV and deliver a knock'em dead speech? If you don't think you could do that, shut up.

How many people on here have been elected a Governor?

How many people here would like to go toe to toe with a 35 year Senate Veteran and then and absolutely kick his sorry butt?

I see lots of criticism of Sarah Palin from people of far lesser intelligence and accomplishment. It is seldom about her policies.

14. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

CNN, ABC, and NBC,,,

CNN--communist news network,,,

ABC--all bill clinton,,,

NBC--national barack center,,,

CBS--communist barack supporters

get the real news somewhere else,,,FOX,,the one with the foxey chics,,

edited to include cbs, don't want to leave anyone out,,

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Ohio Bob, if you are getting your information from the outlets in oicu812's post, then you wouldn't know and THEY sure aren't going to promote positive points on her.

Just think when someone talks about her experience, they won't bring up those points because it will show how she is MORE qualified than either of those on the other ticket and the top of hers. Govenors will ALWAYS HAVE more executive experience than someone from congress In reality, when it comes to foreign policy experience, NO congressman OR govenor has any. Name one of these people who has ever NEGOTIATED any treaty or agreement with foreign LEADER?? There isn't any and they ALL have to learn ON THE JOB!!! Attending a state dinner is just that and NOTHING else.

This is the reason that we HAVE TO/SHOULD look at the character of the person running. Their character, or lack of it, will give a good insight on how they PROBABLY act in a given circumstance. This is also why only a McCain/Palin ticket is viable for the office this time. McCain, while I am not a huge fan of his past legislation and reaching across the aisle BS, is the _only_ choice to lead the civilized world. He understands the true costs of war.

Obama only whines about it and says things that he thinks people want to hear. (it changes depending on where he is also) Can you fathom how this country could end up if he tried to apease other world leaders to make them "happy". Obama talks _negative_ about our country the majority of the time. While it may not be perfect, it is still the BEST country on this planet!!!! Also, look at the people that Obama has been/is associated with. He may run from this assocation or try to SPIN it, but it is still there. (if he really wanted to disassociate himself, he should have left the church/living room et al immediately after discovering)

A little off your OP, but I hope I made myself clear. Jim

16. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Yea even Sssssssssssstuddering Joe BBiden does not stammer like their messiah.

Can you imagine the discussion between him and Putin. The Soviet bommers are on the way they just crossed in to Us air space and he Obama says "now hold on for one minute" followed by a long pause he then askes Joe what to do and Biden says Mr President I think you should call the Govoner of Alaska after all she is in charge of the 49th. Then a long pause followed by Mr Putin you cant do that! I'm going to sick the lipstick wearing pit bull on you.

All kidding aside what qualifications if any can you attribute to Barack?

17. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

There you go again Trappy12. Opening your mouth when you should be listening.

18. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Oh believe me, I am fully aware of the strong media bias towards Obama. But though some of the questions given to Palin may be hard, she still can barely answer them and goes back to "Well I believe in freedom and democracy," well no s*** Sherlock, you're running for Vice Prez, you better believe in deomcracy. Then she'll throw in a Maverick/Reformer thing in there and call it a day. All this after of course repeating the question. Let's try this "PUTIN: We are going to take over Georgia and add it to Russia. PALIN: You're going to take over Georgia? The one next to Florida? Well see, I believe that freedom and democracy is the answer. And remember! We Alaskans have got our eye on you Mr. Putin!" Yeah that's going to go over well.
    -Trappy

19. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Trappy since your only a kid I'm going easy on you but you have made statements about most of our tax dollars going for Senior programs.

I want you to provide the data and source or did someone tell you that one!

Your not thinking sonny. Search feature.lol you really know how to parrot information. Please present me with some Origional writing so that you might gain a bit of respect.

Joe

20. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Hey buddy, all my writings are original. If you can't grasp that fact, then there is no sense trying to argue it with you.

Also, not tax dollars, but what the government spends on programs, Senior benefits, welfare, education, homeland security, military, and etc. I was looking for the site that I found that on (We did a thing about the federal program spending in AP Econ last year, but I can't seem to dig up the site)
    -Trappy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.