1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T I Broke my leg!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yvonne, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Tromping thru the woods, I put my right leg in a hole and fell! I ended up breaking my leg in 2 places. If anyone has unfilled orders, I'm going to be backed up about a week. The leg was too swollen and there wasn't an Orthopedic Guy at the hospital to set the leg and cast it. I have a temporary cast on right now and will be having the 6 week cast put on Monday. Loooks like I'll be watching from the sidelines for the next 4 to 6 weeks!

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Sorry to hear about that Yvonne. I understand how that can happen though. I was coming in my kitchen door from the garage the other day and my foot slid off the top step and I basically fell into the house. It just hurt my shin when it happened but I was some kind of sore the next day. Hope you heal quick. Jackie B.

3. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

That is easy to do.

My son cut his knee on our trip to the Smoky Mtns. He's into skate boarding, rides a unicycle, etc. We were walking down the trail and he took off running and his legs just weren't long enough for the slope. With all his balance, down he went. Rock sliced right through his pants. 11 stitches on the inside just below the knee, 17 on the outside. Wheel chair the rest of the vaca. Lucky park guys were working that trail that day. They helped me carry him down.

Want to swap pictures? Bet not.

Take care of yourself Yvonne.

Joe

4. Juno

Juno TS Member

yvonne, keep that leg packed in ice! Get that swelling down! ICE,ICE and more ICE! On 20 min, off for an hour, on 20 min off for an hour. The sooner you get it down, the sooner you can get treatment. Good luck!

Juno

5. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Shot bag cast covers??

Take it easy for a few weeks and tear apart a few hundred shot bags while you have the time sitting down.

Sorry to hear about your leg and hope you are not going to go stir crazy sitting around all day.

Rock

Jim

6. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

Yvonne, Please take the time to heal. All of us can wait. You will have my check soon please cash and give to your sister. When you get around to feeling better you can catch up. All of us will wait till then. My prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery are with you. a friend Mark

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Hang in their girl!! Sorry to hear of your broken leg. I hope it heals properly and quickly for you!! I agree with Juno on the lots of ice part. My only advice is to follow the Dr.'s do's and don'ts. Don't push it and your leg will heal properly if you don't, you may have problems with it down the road. Take care and I hope you fell beter ssssssoooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnne. Break-em all. Jeff

8. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Yvonne ,

I'm here to tell you that shooting in a cast is better than not shootin' at all . Just get some strength back and sit when its not your turn . Your buddies will be happy to cut you some slack - - - don't be too proud to accept "it"

Surgery for a ruptured achilles tendon put me into a similar fix .

Charlie

9. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

I know how you must feel. Broke my ankle about a year ago & after months of therapy, it still bothers me.
    Keep your spirits up!

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

You will be back on your feet sooner than you might think. Wishes for a speedy recovery--prayers sent up just now.

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Ouch....sorry to hear that!...be sure to drink your milk!!

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your bad luck just take your time to heal don't ruch it and screw it up. Easier said then done I know but, I'm recovering from shoulder surgery and haven't shot in months. Get Well Soon

13. dan.martin

dan.martin TS Member

dont feel alone i broke my ankle just last week playing basketball

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better and return to shooting soon, Yvonne.

15. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Thank you all for the good wishes! I made it, downstairs to my computer, on my butt! HaHa Who ever said a big butt wasnn't worth anything???? Getting back upstairs was the problem ;'(

I broke the first cast getting that little rascal dog untangled from his run. I think I'm going to have to send him to the kennel for a couple of days. The trials and tribulations of being a single woman.

I got a ride to the fabric store today and was able to pick up supplies for future orders and will hopefully be sewing in a week.

Also going to try and shoot the 5 stand championship this Sunday. I have my balance on the crutches and if someone will carry my new CG, I'm all set!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.