1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Hunting Knife

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BP348, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Just wondering what brand/model of hunting knife you guys use or recommend?

I'm looking for a drop point hunter with around a 3" blade.

Thanks
    Jerry

2. rich A

rich A TS Member

You might want to look at the Helle Symfoni a great Norwegian Knife. It has a laminated steel blade and is a knife you would treasure. I have one and bought two more for my sons. Rageweed Forge is where I got mine. Dick

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

back in the '70's and '80's there was a knifemaker in the Kalispell/Whitefish, Mt. area who made knives under the "Track Knives" name. They were superb....I own 2 and look for them at gun/knife shows....if anyone knows if the fellow is still in the business, please post info on this site.

Ricky Ray Schmidt Knives thanked this.
  4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Gerber made in Germany and or USA are good knives.

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

This Case is 50 or more years old and nice KODAK one of the first $500.00

6. Hooked

Hooked Member

I've purchased a few knives from Bob Legler.

Nice guy and super nice knives.

http://www.leglerknives.com/

Brian

7. bwvan

bwvan TS Member

AG Russell has a drop point hunter in the length for which you are looking. It is nicely balanced and takes a really good edge.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you want to cut something and just not have the blade go dull or quit cutting because of fat

Boker Ceramic

Mine has 30 plus deer or so to its credit and part of the job on an elk

dont put any side pressure on it - carry another knife or something for that

Gene

9. Dynokick189

Dynokick189 TS Member

Check out northwoodsknives.com or call Dave Shirley at 906-789-1420. All his knives are handmade out of materials from the USA (maybe a little imported stag). Helluva bargain for what you get!!
    I'd recommend his "Buttonhole" - completely dressed a deer w/it last year, held up great, and ready to go again. Light, handy and easy to carry.
    Also, Dave is a long time trapshooter and oveall nice guy.
    He has Marbles, MSA, Queen and other knives for sale as well.

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I have used an old Browning made in USA three blade folder , it has a blade that will take and maintain an edge as well as any knife ever made. Also has a gut blade to zip em open and a saw blade that will cut right thru the tale bone. Copact and light. If you slip and fall it won't break your back.Great Knife and can still be found at gun shows and ebay. Jeff

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have a Marbles circa 1928. Last year, One of the original employees in Gladstone, Mi. reconditioned it to like new. Their new ones are just as good as the old. And you don't have to take out a loan to buy them.

Lots of good sturff out there, this is mine.

HM

12. Mac V

Mac V Guest

My choice has always been the Kershaw made in Japan of cryogenic steel. Their "Antelope Hunter" with the 3 5/8" blade holds an edge longer than any other knife I own ( and I own some of the "best" ), and it's thick spine gives it far more "guts" than a porcelain knife.

13. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

I think the knife maker in Montana might be PAUL MARVEL and he is in EUREKA Montana I have one of his and have been using it for about 14 years and it is superb.

Duckeye

14. stkelly62

stkelly62 TS Member

Google BlackJack Knives you won't be disapointed.

15. stkelly62

stkelly62 TS Member

Google BlackJack Knives you won't be disapointed.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a Buck Knife that will shave you quicker and slicker than you care to be twice ... It was given to me by a trapshooter that used to come to the Spring Grand at the Old Phoenix Club every year, I honestly cannot remember why he gave it to me but I will keep it forever how ever long that might be ... May not be the most expensive knife made but sure means a lot to me ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

This is my favorite drop point knife. It's a Marbles Loveless, samber handle and the old 52-100 steel. It's so nice I keep it in the safe and use an old Western for my hunting knife. :>)
    You can't beat a Marbles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

marvel knives eureka montana

schmidt knives whitefish montana