1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

O/T How's this Justice for Trayvon

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

O/T How

Well, some folks said this was coming. It's a sad day in America when this kind of stuff happens. I couldn't get the whole article to print for some reason but you'll get enough of an idea. Jackie B.

WKRG-TV:

Mobile police need your help to catch a mob that beat Matthew Owens so badly that he’s in critical condition.

According to police, Owens fussed at some kids playing basketball in the middle of Delmar Drive about 8:30 Saturday night. They say the kids left and a group of adults returned, armed with everything but the kitchen sink.

Police tell News 5 the suspects used chairs, pipes and paint cans to beat Owens.

Owens’ sister, Ashley Parker, saw the attack. “It was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed.” Parker says 20 people, all African American, attacked her brother on the front porch of his home, using “brass buckles, paint cans and anything they could get their hands on.”

What Parker says happened next could make the fallout from the brutal beating even worse. As the attackers walked away, leaving Owen bleeding on the ground, Parker says one of them said “Now thats justice for Trayvon.”

WPMI-TV:

A witness who wants to remain anonymous describes what he says he heard at his front door Saturday night, on Delmar Drive. ”I just kept hearing him screaming, ‘Man, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, man don’t do this,’ ” he recalls.

On the other side of that door was Matthew Owen, who, police and neighbors say, was being beaten by a group of people. The weapons? Bricks, bats, even a paint can.

At first, when he heard his friend at the door, the man thought it was a joke. ”Then I saw about 10 to 15 people from little kids and women with dresses to adult men, just flooding onto the property, surrounding the car, hollering and screaming,” he says. “And then I heard Matthew saying, ‘ I’m sorry, man, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.’ And then, the next thing, before I could get to the door, because we have it all deadbolted and everything, and before I could get it open, I heard all the beating and banging.”

Even family and friends of Matthew Owens admit there was some tension on this street before Saturday night’s event. And they say a lot of this has to do with basketball. Relatives of the victim, who live on the street, say local kids often block Delmar Drive when they play basketball. They say it’s lead to some confrontations. Racial comments from both sides may have made the confrontations more toxic.

Zimmerman Claims No Racial Slur in 911 …

Since one of the driving elements of the Trayvon Martin shooting case has … Full Story »Zimmerman Claims No Racial Slur in 911 Call; Audio Expert Agrees

Yahoo! Contributor Network

409Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!6
    KIP • 3 hrs ago
    How is this not a hate crime????
    30 Replies .

275Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!5
    BigRog • 3 hrs ago
    Why isn't this on the front page Yahoo?
    12 Replies .

270Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!5
    John • Johnstown, Pennsylvania • 4 hrs ago
    15 to 20 people with weapons on one man. How brave they are
    14 Replies .

245Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!6
    dean • 3 hrs ago
    as a black american...i find this very very disgusting and disturbing. this is an example of racist ....just sad....
    24 Replies .

145Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!3
    Ruth • Mishawaka, Indiana • 2 hrs 56 mins ago
    This is a hate crime, no two ways about it. And an insult to the memory of Trayvon Martin and his family. What kind of idiocy is this? An excuse to hurt someone. These people need to be brought to justice.
    3 Replies .

119Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!3
    Chris • 2 hrs 0 mins ago
    Why aren't Sharpton and Jackson calling for the BLACK offenders to do the right thing & turn themselves in?
    6 Replies .

31Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!0
    svg • 2 hrs 54 mins ago
    Good thing he didn't defend himself. Otherwise, the racebaiters would be all over this. C'mon, they were only armed with brass knuckles and paint cans!
    Reply .

163Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!5
    Chris • 1 hr 59 mins ago
    A BLACK mob goes to a white guys house and nearly beats him to death.....isn't this a hate crime? Where's the outrage?
    12 Replies .

28Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!0
    Gerald • Wausau, Wisconsin • 1 hr 41 mins ago
    obviously it's a hate crime, the phrase "this is justist for trayvon" has racial overtones, because the victim was white, and they wanted revenge.
    Reply .

85Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!2
    Steven • Tampa, Florida • 2 hrs 41 mins ago
    I am a 33 year old black man. This is messed up man. See what happens when people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson get racial tensions stirred up. Can't expect anything good to come from this. Prosecute anyone involved. Hope this guy survives
    6 Replies .

198Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!7
    John D • 2 hrs 1 min ago
    Haven't heard anything about this on ABC, NBC, CBS. Oh yea the victim is white, no news.
    3 Replies .

78Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!2
    Walchung • Hickory, North Carolina • 2 hrs 35 mins ago
    Where is the Justice Dept?
    8 Replies .

24Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!0
    marlboroman • 1 hr 54 mins ago
    nothing good will come of this
    Reply .

127Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!4
    Gary • 3 hrs ago
    Now shouldn't Eric 'The Criminal' Holder. Jesse 'The Jackass' Jackson, Al 'Can-I-Get-A-Witness' Sharpton be marching and protesting this?
    6 Replies .

21Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!0
    A Yahoo! User • 1 hr 44 mins ago
    Blatant hate crime!! BLATANT!! Where are the hoodies for justice people now?? Liars ALL OF THEM!! Goes to show the word RACISM is only reserved for "special" people. Proof once again of the animalistic mentality race baiters have.. AND proof once again, blacks on one white person crime is "ok" by... More
    1 Reply .

71Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!2
    John L • 1 hr 43 mins ago
    I just want to see Al and Jesse do a press conference
    4 Replies .

21Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!0
    army1man1 • Winfield, Missouri • 1 hr 45 mins ago
    Al where are you and Jessie for this? That is the sign of true racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply .

71Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!2
    ronnie • New Smyrna Beach, Florida • 1 hr 53 mins ago
    Another very good reason to arm yourself. If a Mob tried this at my house, the outcome would have been much different.
    3 Replies .

125Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!5
    Chris • 2 hrs 24 mins ago
    Where is Al sharpton and all his thug like politicians. Is this your idea of justice. This is the kind of crap that thugs like you start up when you run your hypocrit, pathetic mouths!
    3 Replies .

81Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!3
    Brian • 1 hr 51 mins ago
    Trayvon's shooter was hispanic. Yet these racists decided they would rather take their anger out on a white person (not that attacking a hispanic would've been better).
    5 Replies .
    More

Post a comment . .
  2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Start shooting em, that's all they understand.

GneJ
  3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

If you live in a rural area you will not have to worry about any of this happening. A guy I used to hunt with sent me this picture taken from a game camera he has in his yard. He think's maybe a 18 pointer.
    toolmaker251_2008_0303181.jpg
  4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

"Racial comments from both sides may have made the confrontations more toxic."

This is probably more believable as the root cause of the confrontation rather than some roving black mob looking to kick the butt of some random white guy.
  5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Serv99

Now i hope your sitting down, ............cause I agree with you.

We need to be bigger than the race baiters Sharpton, Jackson and Ms.Keet.

We can watch and observe.
  6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

well Rick I am sitting down and didn't fall out of my chair LOL

When I first read the story, especially the part on "Racial comments from both sides may have made the confrontations more toxic" it does not take a genius to figure out, well, probably the white guy said something racially derogatory in nature, to the kids, and thus, things rolled downhill from there. He tried to swat at the hornet's nest and he got stung big time. Of course that does not justify the actions of the mob and thus, whoever was involved in the attack, should be prosecuted. Yeah, the kids may have said something racially derogatory to the white guy too but the white guy should had taken the high road and not swat at the hornet's nest....local LE or town officials should be the ones responsible for reprimanding/clearing the kids out of the street if they were impeding traffic and such.

The Martin case has been out in the news for a while now and if this mob was really instigated by the Martin murder, they would had done something similar to any other white person, when this Martin stuff first hit the news.
  7. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Active Member

servn99 and Rick;

"Racial comments from both sides may have made the confrontation more toxic"

I agree, but maybe a one-on-one confrontation would have been more fair.

Although, Trayvon tried that, and look where it got him.

I once saw 5-6 young blacks on foot, jump a guy sitting in his car at a red light!

I bumped into one with my front bumper as he was coming around the back of the car, and they all left then.

I asked the guy if he wanted an ambulance or the police, and he said "Na, I probably deserved it!"

I said not 5-6 on one, and he just shrugged his shoulders.

I think alcohol was involved on his part, but odds were against him from the git-go.

Maybe they thought about "Strength In Numbers", and maybe we should too!
  8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

George Zimmerman's troubles will not be over if he is found innocent of any charges. Where will he live or work without being in danger or harassed?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.