1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T How to Set Up A Website??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yvonne, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Just read the thread on Gordy's Blanks and saw MY name mentioned there. Didn't realize I too was offending people by trying to make a few $$$'s selling my product. (Gordy doesn't offend me, nor does anyone else) Never realized it bothered so many, as it is all related to shooting. I've contacted David to ask about a banner, but don't have a website for people to "click" on. Does anyone know how to set up a website and would be willing to help me? Thanks!

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Personally I wouldn't let the opinion of some of these idiots on here bother me if I were you. Of all the people on here there is only a handfull trying to rule the rest of us. They are the first ones to say if a thread bothers you don't open it and then bitch about someone elses thread. Go figure.

Bill

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Go to www.godaddy.com and buy a url and their product "Website Complete", about $15.00. Yo should be able to build your own website is a couple of hours, not much harder than using "Word". They will host it for about $5.00 per month.

4. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

godaddy.com

I have used them several times.

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

You have a nice website Gordy but if you paid $50,000 for it you got screwed to the tune of about $40,000+.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Well at least it's your wife who is screwing you. Having sold about $40,000,000 worth of product with my websites I think I know a little bit about the subject. BTW, content is cheap, functionality is what costs. And, if your wife did your website, she does nice work.

7. yvonne

Oh My!!! If it's going to cost me $50,000, to have a website to sell a couple hundred dollars worth of Shot Bag products, I better find a new way to pay for reloading supplies this year!

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Hotdogs.com uses these.

9. roger8918

roger8918 Member

A website is just like wood; prices vary. Bottom line, if you can find someone to pay your price that is what it is worth!

BTW…she does very nice work but for 50K, I would have loved to have that gig.

10. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I run a few sites.

Many ISP's (the company that provides you internet access) provides free web space for putting up a site, and in many cases provide simple pre-formated pages you can use.

You can look at these guys.

http://www.shortpockets.net/design.html

If not your thing, then I suggest Goggle...

Google has one of the easiest FREE web sites to configure.

You will need a Google Email account. Free also...

After you have your Google email, do a search for:

Google Page Creator

You could I assume also use Google Checkout (shopping cart) if you wish to sell directly.

PayPal has a pretty good service, as well as Yahoo, but do a search under shopping carts, if you wish to sell direct via the internet. Some of shopping carts can be pretty pricy so it pays to shop around.

Now, if you have a large number of products and working off PHP and a database, it gets a bit more complicated and you get what you pay for.

You could look at something like this.

http://www.prostores.com/?referral_code=2601

http://www.volusion.com/

11. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I have built several sites and find that many first time owners spend way to much on their site for starters. I have found that putting up simple basic pages with your information easily accessable, it normally all you need. I always install a free tracker device to see where the customers are going and when they are coming in. This tells me which pages to keep fresh and when to have them done by. It helps to know whether you have mostly unique hits or reloads which tells you if the customers are only coming once or are coming back. Our school's trap team web set is very seasonal based on the competitions. A digital camera is essential to most builders. Building the web site is not the hard part. Maintaining the web site so it doesn't turn into a cob web site is critical. Make sure you use your meta name tags as it does bring in the visitors. I have built many a site for under $10,000. To much razzle dazzle doesn't seem to impress trap shooters if they can't find the information they are looking for Ex. Berettausa.com is a bear to find some information. Indiana Gun club is good when the database is working. Email me directly for individual questions or specifics. Wenigs ... I work for stocks. If you customer gets confused by your web site, it may have just hurt you instead of helped you. Your hits will vary. Omaha

12. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

yvonne, just go to geocities.yahoo.com and make your own free. It will do all you need it to.

Gary

13. yvonne

Thanks to all who posted here and also sent me emails on how to set up my own website. After Thanksgiving, I'll give it a try!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.