1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T How much does it cost to Wipe at each setting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by foghorn220, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok im doing a survey and need your help I got sticker shocked yesterday when I went to buy the handi-wipes.

So I need Brand names and different spec's to make a full report of the overall cost of Wipping!

I grew up watching MR. Whipple got some intersting facts already ok regular roll's vs double roll's

Notice anything different between the Regular 9 roll pack and the Regular 24 roll pack below.

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/gdarnell/products/paper/?action=view¤t=10-04-08013.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

ok the 24 roll pack.

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/gdarnell/products/paper/?action=view¤t=10-04-08009.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Ok I got the high tech calculator out and will punch all the info in to see what is the best and cheapest way to wipe!!!!

But I need more input to figure it all out I know the price of Gas is high and it is finally coming down so I figured with my survey that I could get the price of wipping the Gas, by product off of us cheaper if I had more brands and price's per sheet to calculate.

Ok this might be a week long project for me since I don't have a lot of time to study it all at once.

Anyway im sure the outcome will be satisfying when im done.

I know it is always a lot less pressure after the job is complete.

All right get your mind out of the gutter!!!

I was talking about in the past after I finished an actual job for some one and it was a lot less stress especially when the customer was happy.

Foggy

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

MIA:

Yeah they would suit me just fine but my house guest don't like them she thinks they might smell a bit.

Thanks for the tip though.

Fog

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

Corn cobs are less expensive and more practical. Use a red one first, then a white one to see if you need another red one.

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Here is a lesson from winter camping while deer hunting. On one trip, we forgot to pack toilet paper and had to improvise. Here is the lesson.

If you use a handful of wet leaves with frost on them, you will not need a cup of coffee to become wide awake.

Ed Ward

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

And whatever you do, even in an emergency, DO NOT USE PINE STRAW! It cuts. LOL Jackie B. (Maybe I know from experience)

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Mr. Charles:

Good Thinking because I don't like the wipe stuff at work because it is real thin and you got to get a hand full to make anything of it so are they really saving anythng by making it thinner and wadding it up to make it thicker!!!

Ok im sure my company pays the crap handlers enough to put the good stuff in.

Foggy

7. Don S

Don S Member

Make sure you apply for a government grant for the study. A couple of MIL would probably come close to covering expenses.

8. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

First you need to figure out the average number of sheets used per wipe. Then the average number of wipes per trip to the little house.

Yep, I think you should apply for a government grant.

Jim

9. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

This thread has turned to crap,,,,,

10. samme_no2

samme_no2 Member

The time I forgot our paper at camp I used the cut off tail of my t-shirt. It worked fine, but the t-shirt ran out after a few days. Harry

11. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

we use old catalogs....everything but the covers and slick pages!!

tony

12. willing

willing Member

I was taught as a kid to take a newspaper when deer hunting. Use it to sit on if its wet or snowy, read if bored and to wipe. If you get cold use it to start a fire. In Pa the deer would come within a few yards of a fire. Does of course in buck season. In case use got lucky use it to wipe hands after gutting.

Bill

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

It's the time of year when high school football players houses get TP all over the front yard and trees. I have been collecting and rerolling the paper which has driven my cost way down for the wipe!

14. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Foggy, Great thread, LMAO, Thanks.

Tom R.

PS. I still have a couple of flanel shirts with very short tails caused by in the woods emergencies.

15. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

OK...

Since no one answered your question, let me take a "swipe" at your wipes. The 24 pack has 100 sheets per roll v. the 154 sheets/roll for the 9 roll pack. Personally I use the "double rolls", because the Mega rolls don't fit in our dispensers!

I like the Ultra Strong, my wife prefers the Ultra Soft...

Jay

16. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

LOL !!!!

17. bb-84

bb-84 Member

Sheryl Crow said 3 sheets was enough. She must not eat too much spicy food.

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/animation/?action=view¤t=th930f8c54.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

spitter:

Good eyes on noticing the difference in the sheets.

ok yesterday when I was at the big Wally World I was going to buy the pack of 12 double rolls but they was over 15.50 per pack and it said it is the same as 24 regular rolls ok I looked at the 24 regular roll pack and they cost almost 7.00 less so I figured if I need a double roll then i could take 2 regular rolls with me incase I run out and since this is something that I won't reuse then why waste good money when you can wipe for less!!!

By the way I got an email from someone saying this below.

I'm just curious.. . is it really necessary to put the fact that it's "bathroom tissue" in Spanish.. . I mean really, are they so slow that they can't figure it out.... .

Ok got to go to work now i will update my findings later on in the early morning.

Ok wonder if it would cost more to wipe this one over a regular persons wipping.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/animation/?action=view&current=fatguy.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Ok forgot this is the typical trap shooter anyway so never mind.

foggy

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I attribute my first outdoor sexual experience to a Charmin failure...

20. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

What's more important is the MTBNWF. Like the MTBF data that they use for electronics and computer parts. MTBF = Mean Time Before Failure. MTBNWF = Mean Time Before Nasty Wiping Failure.

I wonder who got the job as the customer service rep taking complaints about toilet paper failures. I'll bet there actually must be someone sending complaints in and somone has been designated to handle them. It would be pretty bad if someone sent in a sample of the failed product for a refund or replacement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.