1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T How many calories do you need each day?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms TS Supporters TS Supporters

Seattle Sutton sells prepared meals. I've tried them and they're good. I am not in any way affiliated with the products or the company. However, I think some people will be interested in a way to calculate how many calories are needed each day - based on age, height, weight, gender, and level of activity. This link has a form to fill in that uses those parameters to calculate:
    BMR - Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR); the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day.
    TDEE - Total Daily Energy Expenditure; how many calories you should eat in a day to maintain your current weight.

It's designed to help a person decide which of the menus to select. I think it's useful to know. It isn't perfect, but what the heck is?

Larry

2. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

I though a 2000 calorie diet was what was needed for a Human.
    Calories in and calories out. Thats how you mantain a good weight.

Jason in PA

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Do you know one slice of some "New York Cheesecake" is 1800 calorie? I got a sticker shock one night at a L.A. restaurant.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I could never eat more than 1500 a day with the great majority of them proteins versus carbs just to maintain my weight due to underactive thyroid..and my gout hated that for sure...now after my bypass I'm under 1000 a day and struggle to take in that much

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

6. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

What ever Leo eats I`m eating,

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Right now I wish I was eating some of that Salt Cured Ham I was talking about at the beginning of this week. Its been a long time since I've had any of that good stuff. Don't worry I can't hang on to this craving for "two" many weeks. Augh!!! Break-em all. Jeff

8. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Pretty neat. Marked in case the wife wants to see. Ray

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

If I take in under 1600 I loose weight.. 2000/2200 maintain weight... 2500+ gain weight.. That's not doing hardly any work.. just existing..

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

You don't have to calorie count. All you have to do is don't eat when you are not hungry. If you are trying to lose, eat just enough to take a hard edge of the hunger pangs, but stay a little hungry all of the time. If you choose heathful foods, and eat a variety, you will do fine. If you need to gain weight, eat often and eat a little more than you really need to feel full.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.