1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T HOT TUB

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KEYBEAR, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I have alot of back pain (arthritis) in the lower back . Also two disks missing in the lower back . Would a hot tub help ? I can,t really move well untill I get a hot shower and that helps alot . Some times I get alittle pain radiating down my leg . Don,t tell me to see a doctor . I seen three this winter and the doctors will not work on me .

KEYBEAR

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

It may well work for you as it does for others. See your Doctor and if he writes a script for one you may beable to deduct expence on you 1040 under medical expence. Check with you tax prepairer.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I used to do Kohler's warranty work on their spa and whirlpool equipment, and found that most hot tubs were used by the customer alot for the first few months and then tapered off big time. The hot tubs are the equivilant of a small swimming pool in regards to the amount of maint and cleaning. You have to keep the Ph right change filters etc. A whirlpool tub will do a much better job, you don't have to mess with the water, and it's easier to maintain. But if a hot tub is what you want check around, there are alot of good ones out there that people will give you (or sell real cheap) just to get it out of their back yard

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Thank You If I lay in a bath tub of real hot water for ten minutes I feel good for most of the day . But I,m looking for some thing better . It,s so bad in the morning I can hardly walk .

KEYBEAR

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Roy Thanks I can,t take anti- inflamatoryes I have ask my Doctor and It,s a no for me .

KEYBEAR

6. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Hot tubs can be dangerous for people with high blood pressure or heart conditions; they can aggravate both.

Mike

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I saw a picture of one that makes a real nice deer stand....

Curt

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Curt, You mean this one?

[​IMG]

Hauxfan!

9. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Keybear,

We have a hot tub that is in the house as opposed to outside (yes, it works very well). My wife and I are in it daily. With the jets against your back it can help, as I can attest to. So, generally I think it's a good idea. I think the whirlpool tub may have been the best idea though. You still get the jets and the heat and it is easier to maintain. If I have one complaint about the hot tub, it's that sometimes it feels like a chemical bath rather than hot water like in a bath tub.

all the best,
    john

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

http://softub.com/home.htm

Keybear, check out soft tub. They are an inexpensive portable hot tub. They run off of 120volt outlet and they need no plumbling hook up. Just fill the thing with a garden hose. You can move it indoors during the winter and pick it up and move it outside during the summer. You can even put it in the back of your pickup and sit in it between rounds at a shoot.

If you find out that you really use a hot tub you can always upgrade. And if you find out that you don't use a tub very much your not out the expense of a hard wired, plumbled tub.

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I have owned a hot tub since 2003. My doc wrote a letter of medical necessity and am in it whether it's 0 degrees or 100. I was able to write of 80% of the total cost of the tub including electrical and the pad it sits on. Labor and all.

Winter it's at 104 degrees and in the summer it's at 100. Without the use of this tub I can't move in the morning.

The key is to filter the water you put into the tub... it cuts down on the odor and hard water scale. I didn't spend a fortune on mine... total cost was $5300.00 including installation and cement pad.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/25011928@N00/84093490/" title="Photo Sharing">[​IMG]</a>

I was able to customize my jets to where I wanted them.

Jerbear

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I have a jacuzzi whirlpool tub, and could not live without it. I use it not only to help relax my muscles after excersize, but it also helps to relieve tension when I'm stressed.

I do drop some whirlpool cleaner in it once per year and let it run through the jets, so it's not totally like a tub. If you don't, then mold can grow inside the jets where water is retained. I am careful to run a tub of fresh water through it afterward to get rid of all the chlorine.

13. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Thank you all . My problem is I had a Kidney Transplant in 1985 and can,t use anything ( drugs) to help my back . I also had a total right knee in 2000 and need a left knee now . I hurt all over all the time and the pain is really getting bad . I really need to get dope,t up to shoot and that is no fun .

KEYBEAR

14. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Keybear,

I just recently sold the hot tub I had for years. It was a Hot Spot spa and plugged into 110 current. That is why we got it, no electrical installation just plug and go. Nothing fancy just seated 5 and jets but it sure worked wonders on sore muscles and joints. Cost around $3900 new and about $200 a year in maintenance and electricity. Worth every penny.

15. wam6187

wam6187 TS Member

I definately think it would help.
    I have bad knees and it helped me tremendously.
    If you buy one make sure you get a good brand that is well insulated and guaranties that it will not cost you over a certain amount of electric to run per month. We had one (sorry but can not remember the brand name off the top of my head) and it only cost $22 dollars. On the other hand, my friend bought one that ran his electric bill up $120 per month. I wish we had not moved to a condo or we would still have ours...

One of the most important things to consider when shopping, make sure you find one large enough for all the neighborhood hotties to fit in! ;-)

Bill

16. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Haux...

That's it....

Curt

17. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Ours is out doors. Seats 6. Wife and I use it together year round. Helps communication. Constant 104 degrees F. Though not medically necessary, I bought it 4 years ago to help with my work stress, golf and trap shooting. Oh well...still nice to climb into at the end of a day.

18. tachyon

tachyon Member

We have had one for 10 years and still use it regularly. It really helps my shoulders and back.

During one winter the temperature dropped to about 15 below zero. The main board on the hottub shorted out and the heating element stopped working. I pumped out the water before it could freeze but the dealer said I should unhook the pump hoses on the side of the tub so the water in the hoses and pump could drain. I removed the front panel and crawled along side the tub. I released the front hose and it drained on the pad as I scooted another couple of feet to get to the back of the pump. When I was done I realized that my coveralls were frozen to the pad. I could not move. I tried to unzip my Carharts but I could not get out of the coveralls as the sides and back of the frame prevented me from moving. My wife thought it was hilarious until she could not pull me out. Eventually I was able to use my pocket knife to cut through the coveralls enough to crawl out.

The next year I built an enclosed gazebo over the hottub. I can't see the stars except through the skylight but it is a lot nicer in the winter.

19. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Weight is not really my problem . I stay around 205 and am 6'1" and have never went much over that (only in the winter) and I walk a mile or two every day but it,s very painfull .

KEYBEAR

20. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

jbbor Have you had a Transplant ? I had mine in 1985 and the up keep is a full time job . I have had zero problems other then Med,s and not feeling very well most of the time . I do need way more rest then I did before .

KEYBEAR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

transplant using jetted tubs