1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Home Weather Stations

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by kenf, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenf

kenf Active Member

For those of you who have home weather stations that track temp, humidity, baro. pressure, and precip. What do you have and would you buy another, or has another caught your eye when your current one fails.

2. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Just ordered a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless after some months of research. Not here yet (it's going to be my Christmas present to me from my wife and I will be SO surprised...).

Check out this link for a comparison guide:

http://ambientweather.wikispaces.com/Weather+Station+Comparison+Guide

And this site for a pretty good forum:

http://www.wxforum.net/

LMS

3. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I have two of them. At home I have a $100 cheapie from Walmart. It's a La Cross WX15IT. it works and has been pretty accurate. (I'm a former USAF Weather Observer) At school, for our science program I bought a Davis Vantage Pro for about $450. It is absolutely the superior machine. More functions, greater range (over 1,000 feet vs 200 ft) much better built and it tracks solar radiation and UV index. Go Davis!

4. capvan

capvan Active Member

I've had a Davis unit for 7 years with no problems what-so-ever. Great unit. I got the wired unit since I heard bad things about the wireless version. Phone wire, so running it was not a problem. Battery backup when the power goes out. I never got the computer interface, but friends did and they send their weather information to www.wunderground.com.

Davis is great. But Peet is pretty good as well. They are the top two.

cap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.