1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*****O/T Hemorrhoid Surgery *********

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Easystreet, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Has anyone here had hemorrhoid surgery? If so, what type? Was it laser surgery, or banding, or what? How were the results? Did the hemorrhoids return later? Any other comments? Thanks.

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Bump to the top. If anyone would like to respond by Private Message instead of posting on here, that would be fine too. Thanks.

3. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Had some banding done last year. Really wasn't painful - a bit uncomfortable the first day, but then that goes away. Haven't had 'surgery' so I can't speak to that.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

PS There have to be others here with 'roids - perhaps they are embarrassed to discuss it. <:)

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Sounds like a pain in the ass.

5. Bash de clous

Bash de clous TS Member

Not a fun time but anythings better than suffering. Had the surgery done which
    consisted of cut and slash and banding. The 1st 36 hours after are the worst,
    but thats what morphine is for. Some came back after a few years. Was told of a remedy by an old railroad engineer. Tried it and knowing what I know now I wouldn't of went in for the cutting. Shrunk them down and the havn't come back yet.If you want to try the remedy send an e-mail, drop the xx's. Its simple and effective. Good Luck
    JS

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hed'em out 35 years ago and was no fun back then. Don't sit on the cold ground any more.

7. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

The eskimoes have polaroids.Jack

8. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

A friend of my let his go until they burst. He almost died of blood poisoning. Removal sounds better.

9. gotbass

gotbass Member

Waterhouselake - Do we assume that you are speaking based on personal experience? Got Richard Gere'd so to speak?

10. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I had surgery for hernia and let me tell you, Do Not take the Extra Strength Tylenol they give you for pain. Tylenol causes serious constipation and that is much more painful than the surgery ever was.

11. bkms

bkms Member

easy, After battling severe colon problems that kept me in the bathroom, 40-50 times a day, i thought i was going to have to do the surgery. Then i was told about a special suppository that a pharmacist made in McComb,Mississippi. Its called the anal rocket (laugh if you want), there are two kinds, one is RX and one over the counter. The RX one is the one you want if your insurance will pay for them as they cost around $8-10 bucks each. It looks like a little rocket and when you go to bed you put it in. IT WORKS!!!!! I know alot of yall are laughing your ass off right now thinking this is bs, but i am not kidding you. If your interested i will get the phone number for you. Believe me, these things work and my hemmies are still hiding (lol) after 6 years.

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Had the surgery, during the procedure the doctor poked two holes in my colon. Nine days later they perfomed a colostomy. Damn near killed me. Three months later went in to have colostomy reversed. Was a year before I felt good again. That was 8 years ago. Only problem since is constipation, I do not even say cheese anymore.Good Luck, Bill

13. JLW

JLW TS Member

I had mine operated on a few years ago and they are coming back; not bad,but I know they are there. The doc said the laser method was no better than surgery.

The day after surgery I thought there must be packing in my anus but the doc said I was just swollen. I felt like those red butt baboons at the zoo must feel like!

Anyway, BM's are less than pleasant for a while. I found it best to sit-n-sh*t in a pan full of hot water. It was about 1 month before I had normal BM's from a pain point of view.

But, it's better than blood in your socks.-Jerald

14. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

AJ, you should have noted that you are an MD so that people would understand why you had "seen poor healing and complications from laser surgery". LOL

Had banding done once and it was uncomfortable for about a day. Had surgery done once and had to fly out on a business trip the next day. No big deal but it took a long time to actually heal up. No problems since, but I would go for the banding given a choice.

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Remember to teach your children to not strain while using the potty, and to drink at least 8 glasses of fluids per day, preferable water. Also, eat your fruits, don't drink them. And learn to eat some raw veggies.

Then, remember your wives and treat them well. They go through a lot giving birth to your children, and many times it results in more than a baby.

16. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I surprised no one mentioned the use of witch hazel. Applied to the area on a regular basis can be very effective. HMB

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Witch Hazel makes sense I guess....especially since they are considering renaming the procedure the " Hillarectomy" after our favorite candidate

18. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Had the band treatment. they hit a nerve going to my left leg when they expanded things for a better view. All I can say was it was 2 weeks of hell, between the pain in my leg, and the pain in my a##, plus some came back, great!

I told the doctor the only thing that helped me survive was imagining my hands rapped around his skiny neck.

Wouldn`t do it again!

Tom R.

19. srvfan

srvfan Member

Had the surgery was supposed to be laser but found it was too bad
    so they did stitches after instead #$%*&@.......
    The best advise I can give you for sure is from the time you
    wake up from surgery and for about 3 weeks make sure you dont
    get constipated. Drink lots of water and take as few of pain pills
    as possible eat soups and broth until you are in the clear.
    I got stopped up 2 days after surgery was right back in for an
    enima. I will just leave it at that.
    Sorry and good luck but for sure get the surgery if perscribed.

20. 100straight

100straight Member

The best treatment I've found is a 1000-1200mg Fish Oil capsule twice a day. Be careful at first. They make things want to slide right out, if you know what I mean. Plus, they help lower triglycerides and cholesterol.

Shoot well and often (no pun intended),

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.