1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Help with Whilrpool Gold dishwasher.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have a two year old dishwasher that has quit agitating/washing the dishes. Model is GU2200XTSQ3. It goes through the cycles but during the wash cycle it started getting louder(it's supposed to be super quiet) and now it just hum's. Where do I start to check it? The pump motor that drains the unit is working fine. It appears to be the washer pump motor. Help please as I hate washing dishes. LOL Jackie B.

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Make sure you are getting water to the unit. You might have a clogged valve in the supply line or the unit.

I had a ice maker quit with the above problems.

Good luck....Gerald

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

It well good be that the electronic control board is the issue not sending a signal to the motor to continue to the next cycle. This may hel,p go to <www.cgiltd.com> they repair and recondition the electronics for all appliances they are the largest electronics reman in the nation. They do great work and the turn around time is quick.

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

The following web-site has helped me alot: www.repairclinic.com

5. Maytag

Maytag TS Member

I can answer your question but it is lengthly. You can call me at 814-701-9110. I have sold and repaired these d/w's for 20+ years. The above answers are not even close.

6. Shooting Jack

Hi Maytag,

I took the parts off as you suggested and did not find anything in the pump but when I tried to turn it, it would turn and then stop. I could turn it in the other direction and then it would stop again. I turned it a little and then turned the unit upside down but nothing came out. I looked down the throat of the pump but didn't see anything. Any suggestions. By the way, thanks for your help. Jackie B.

7. Shooting Jack

Maytag, I called and ordered the assembly and found out that my cost was $112.00 which was much better than anticipated. Thanks again for all your help. Hopefully I won't have dishpan hands for long. LOL Jackie B.

8. Maytag

Maytag TS Member

Good for you on the price. Glad to be of help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.