1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Help with computer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I told my computer to remember my password to a web site and it did and is going to the wrong place. How do I remove the saved password. My local newspaper is online and when I selected it I told it to save my password and it will only bring one page up at a time instead of the whole newspaper like it did on my other computer. Help please. Jackie B.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Access System Restore, pick a date prior to the time you gave the computer those instructions and see if that works. HMB

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If you told YOUR COMPUTER to save it, it's stored in your own computer and you are in no danger of it being co-opted. If you saved the newspaper address in your favorites just deleting that link in your favorites (or bookmarks) should also delete the saved password............I think.

4. Shooting Jack

I may try the restore function as I went to tools and internet options then contents and selected delete for passwords and history and it didn't clear it. I failed to mention that I am on Windows 7. Jackie B.

5. Shooting Jack

I did a system restore and it fixed it but I still don't understand why it limited it to just one page when the paper is 22 pages long. After restoring and going to the web site but not saving my password I can read the whole paper. Jackie B.

6. TC

TC TS Member

I may be wrong, but is it possible you have a "cookie" from the newspaper web site that is allowing you to view without having to log back on?

7. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Maybe check with the IT people at the newspaper.

Allen

8. Shooting Jack

I still have to enter my pass word but did not tell the computer to save it. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.