Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

O/T Gun Safe Question

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Hap MecTweaks 
#1 ·
I have an American Eagle by Cannon safe. I normally open my safe at least 2 times a day and some days much more than that.

Recently I've noticed that I have to input the combo 2, 3, and even 4 times before the safe will open, no it's not operator error.

Anyone ever experience this with their safe? Is this something I need to have someone check? If so who? local locksmith?

Thanks,
Jerry

#3 ·
I have a Browning safe with a Sergeant and Greenleaf lock. It is about 20 years old. After I moved, I had to try 3 or 4 times in order to open the safe. A locksmith came in, re-set the combination to the original and charged me about $90. to do it. He told me that if the safe is jostled, as in moving, that the tumblers can get upset. Likewise, if the safe is not absolutely level on all four corners the tumblers can get out of whack and will need to be reset.

My safe opens on the first try now after the locksmith work. It would have been much more expensive if it was unable to be opened. The price I mentioned might be high, since I live in a high cost of living area. You might get it done cheaper where you live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.