1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Grips for a S&W 629

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by m70win, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m70win

m70win Member

I want to put new grips on my 44 mag for hunting. Anybody have a favorite?

Tim

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Pachmyr neoprene are pretty comfortable to shoot and weatherproof but a bit small for a large hand.

3. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

I have original pachmayr grips on my 629, and they're comfortable to shoot. I like original wood grips too. What kind are yours?

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I have had my M29 grip frame re-contoured to the "round butt" profile of the Model 19, etc. I use a set of old pachmayr rubber grips I took off of my old Model 66 snubbie. I have a moderately small hand and a large set of grips will not fit me well with gloves on. These grips fit quite well without gloves and allow me a much better fit with these large framed guns. Nothing seemed to work as well on the original square contour. I can now have decent trigger control since my hand is positioned properly.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have a few sets of varity that I can sell

6. m70win

m70win Member

I've got the original wood on it.

Tim

7. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Smith has a set that is like the Pachmayr but is better look them up on web i have a set on my 629 and the set that is on the 460 looks a lot the same but has more cushion in back rick

8. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

I've used nothing but Hogue grips for years - mostly the rubber, some wood and one pair of the nylon. Used them on everything from .38's to .44Magnums and never had an issue with discomfort.

Which is more than I can say for Pachmayrs. BTW, avoid the Pachmayrs with the open back like the plague. The rubber recedes under recoil leaving nothing but the frame to bear on your hand, and it HURTS!

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.