1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Great Backyard Bird Count

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wayneo, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I know some of you folks on here watch birds. For the past 11 years Birdsource.org has put on The Great Backyard Bird Count, its easy to do, and your kids or grandkids think its fun. Its interesting to see your state, or other states tallies for different species of birds. Even bird hunters can benefit from this information by looking up game bird and waterfowl records. It starts Friday Feb.12, and ends Mon. Feb. 15. If this doesn't get bumped up, I do it a couple of times until Friday. Thanks, Wayne

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Strange winter in my backyard in NJ this year ?? No birds Dec through mid Jan then a few Junko`s and finches , 1 cardinal and then they were gone but a flock of Robins were here for 2-3 days and flew away just before the snow storm hit us . Bird feeders are out but no takers . Most foraged in the Butterfly Bushes . I don`t see any birds on other neighborhoods either ?? On the way to the club , there were lots of birds feeding along side the roads where the plows had scraped the edges of the roads and they were eating out of the leaves that they had access too !!! Not nearly what we have here in other years ?? What we are not short of are Geese . The Park is loaded as well as the corn fields .

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Starts today!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.