1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Great Backyard Bird Count

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wayneo, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I know some of you on TS.com enjoy watching and photographing birds. The annual Great Backyard Bird Count starts next Friday Feb. 17, and runs 4 days to Feb. 20.

It's fun and easy to do. You can spend 10 minutes or 10 hours, at your backyard or anywhere. Kids and grandkids like doing it and they learn a lot from it.

Click the link and explore the bird counts from your area, you'd be surprised how many people participate. I'll bump this up a few times in the next week.

Wayne

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I do it every year. Lots of neat birds here in Idaho in early spring. I have a kitty who also likes to participate

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This is in my back yard everyday about 4:00 PM which is when they come to let me know they are hungry ... Dove and Quail, stuffed while still alive ... This is before the rest of them got there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
    wpt_2008_0303_1362.jpg

wpt_2008_0303_1363.jpg

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

We had 15 Redhead ducks in our lake in the back yard this morning

It was purdy how the sun highlighted their redheads

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

1X ttt

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have a couple of resident mocking birds and my grand daughter and I were laughing as we watched them chase hundreds of robins out of my front yard. I guess they were trying to tells them this was their yard. They didn't mess with the finches though. LOL I also have a resident pair of wood ducks that nest in a old hole in a large oak tree. Jackie B.

7. ctreay

ctreay Member

Last Friday when we returned from our afternoon bowling match we had a Bald Eagle in a tree in our back yard. The Black River is about 50% open and he(?) was watching the river pretty close. We are in Northern NY.

ctreay

8. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Went to Menard's today and saw a large dark bodied bird with a white head and a white tail. Couldn't believe it.

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Yesterday on Valentines day I had some new woodpeckers and other species that I have not seen in a long tim. We are having a very early spring

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

We are getting lots of Juncos, Doves, House Wrens, House Sparrows, Cardinals, and a Carolina Wren to the platform feeder. Downey and Red-Bellied Woodpeckers, Titmice, Nuthatches, and Chickadees are regulars at the suet and peanut feeders. Tomorrow starts the counting.

BTW, Snowy Owls have been spotted in NE Indiana. Awesome bird.

Wayne

12. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Starts today!!!

Wayne

13. oz

oz Active Member

Wait till the New Yorkers send pics of pigeons. doves!!! I have more wild turkeys in my yard. oz

14. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

How many from the Northern states are finding the Dove are not going South for the Winter? The last couple of years the Dove have stayed here even with the wet/cold weather.

Thanks,
    Ajax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.