1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

O/T Grand Torino

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by LFT687, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LFT687

LFT687 Member

I saw the new Clint Eastwood movie this weekend. If you get a chance catch it before it leaves the theaters. Old Clint reminded me of quite a few old timers that I know, including my dad. The audience was LOL, but you could hear a pin drop at the ending.
    Dave
  2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I know where one is outside of Montgomery Al. and has been sitting there for 15 years and looks good but owner will not sell. I've tried to purchase it several times to no avail. Old paint still looks good. Jackie B.
  3. Tron

Tron Well-Known Member

Shootlow, are you trying to say that you are tougher than Clint Eastwood?

Tron
  4. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Thank you for the heads up LFT687, I didn't know that this movie had been released yet. I am going to try to see it this week. Clint has always been a favorite actor of mine!
  5. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

I bought one new and got lucky and my ex got it in the DIV"RCE
  6. atashooter

atashooter Member

LFT... Yep, know what you mean about reminding of Dad... Punks and gangs might get you, but beware of a 70 year old Vet.. They just don't give a crap, they will smoke ya in a minute.
  7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

This may be the way to end gang violence & street crime-just form an organization of "teminal terminators" veterans who have been diagonosed with a terminal illnes, set them loose with an old M-1, M-16, etc. all they have to do is clean up an area or make a good attempt at it. When caught plead guilty & the state gov't handles their last medical bills & treatment.

Lou
  8. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

If I remember correctly, Shootlow has it right, Gran Torino. In 1969, a friend got a new fastback with 351 Cleveland. Man would that car move! I hate to think what the 429 c.i. would do. Anybody remember or have a Mercury Cyclone? We had a guy bought a new one and totaled it with only 1100 miles on it. Omaha
  10. RAScott

RAScott TS Member

End Gang violence, try the Taurus Judge 45/410 thats a good start. And a damn good equailizer. Bob
  11. atashooter

atashooter Member

635 G.... I think you may onto something there...
  12. Tron

Tron Well-Known Member

The weird thing is, I know of NO Hmong where that movie takes place. But, that's Hollywood.
  13. DBax

DBax TS Member

my mother drove a '72 Gran Torino 351 cleveland , i got my DL test with it when i was 17 , it was soo fast off the line .. carmel yellow color , dad was a mechanic , its was always in top shape......to drive that car again --wow , Dean
  14. Tron

Tron Well-Known Member

My Dad had the Mercury Montego MX fastback (73') which was the same car. Everybody always commented on how fast it was for a big car. I remember my Dad always bitching that it was impossible to see anything when trying to back out of the driveway and that it had bad visibility because of the way the rear windo was so slanted and the side windows were so small. It was T-birds after that, not much better.
  15. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i bought a new 72 gran torino notchback,351 cleveland.4 speed factory dual point dist. i would love to have this car back much more than either of the 2 mustangs i bought new. dwain
  16. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Here in Toledo last year a middle aged black man took on some black gang bangers that had robbed his house. Well he killed one of the POS on the sidewalk and the good citizen is in jail for a long time for murdering the poor disadvantaged gang banger. He should have got a medal. But that is real life not the movies! He shot the POS a few days after the gang had broke into his house and he went outside to confront them and they came after him and he pulled his handgun and fired. Poor b$$$$$d went to prison. Bill
  17. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

While Stationed in Chicago in 74, We recieved 3, 73 Torino "Hand-me-down" to our GSA fleet.
    These Torino's were originaly assigned to the Secret Service Crew in Chicago.
    They had a 351-cid Cleavland Special Eng.
    Not long after there arrivel Our Commanding Officer recieved a complaint from Illinois State Police (I.S.P.) that A TORINO GSA Lic.#xxxx was clocked doing 128mph on I-90/94 comming from Great Lakes, Ill.
    The Driver somehow managed to pay/hit the toll basket without slowing down. I.S.P. was P*&^ becouse they could not catch up with the car or driver.
    The OFFICAL STORY WAS: "The car in question was parked in the GSA garage from: to:" That's the Skippers Story and he stuck too it!!!
  18. Tron

Tron Well-Known Member

OK, the Wife and I just got back from this movie. IT WAS GREAT! Easily the best flick I've seen in years. It was a good, honest, straight forward, no frills (none of the bullshit computer genterated cartoon special effects that are in EVERY movie these days) film with a great story line.

A must see.
  19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Great movie but the reviewers don't like it so that makes it a must see. The "goody two shoes" liberals won't like it so that makes it a must see. A good mixture of humor and seriousness. Vintage Eastwood. Most of the audiance when I went opening night was middle age and above.

Don
  20. Ertz

Ertz Member

Just saw it yesterday afternoon at 1:35 and the theater was packed! It was awesome!!!!!!! Tron, did the people in your theater break out laughing when Clint started slinging the racial slurs? The people in mine did. I usually couldn't hear the next line. All in all 5 stars.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.