1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T - gortex parka question - Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Ok, guys, help me out.

I got out of the USAF 10 years ago, and took with me a couple of those really nice, warm gortex camoflauge jacket/parka with the zip in woolly linings. They have a hood, and zippers under the arms so you can ventilate if you need it, big pockets, and a drawstring at the waist I've worn it from 60 degrees down to 35 below and its been great - kept me dry and warm

They've been great coats - but they're getting a little threadbare. And, hate to admit it, I'm getting a little old for the camoflauge thing.

Who, if anyone, makes a suitable substitute in ordinary colors? The best case scenario would be the company that makes them making a 'civilian' verson in non-camo. Otherwise, any warm and dry gortex jacket would work.

jeff

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

columbia which is sold in a lot of places probably has more sold more models than all other manufacturers put together and multiplied by 10

I am sure they have something you would want

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Afetr 7 years in USAF myself (Security Police)I know the exact parka your talking about.

If you check any of the big military outfitters (Ranger Joe's, U.S. calvary, ECT...) you'll find that you can buy the same parka in black. You may even be able to find it on ebay.

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I'll check out the Columbia's and the Ranger Joe's. If I can get it in black, that would be perfect. It's a hell of a coat...

jeff

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I just looked at a coat sold by Eddie Bauer. I had one for 20 years and it was the best cold weather coat I ever had. I am going to order another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.