1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Good belts that will hold a pistol

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I can find many many holsters for my S&W 4013. What I can not find is a good 2" belt Leather or synthetic. That does not fold or turn over in short order. I have out grown my original Belt that was very thick with a fiberglass reenforcement. It is looking very worn also. For the life of me, short of a heavy duty service belt. I can not find anything????

2. Robb

Robb Member

Try Elpaso Saddlery.

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

go to southforkholsters.com. I have bought several holsters from this guy and each has been great. He has several belts available too. I met him on a 1911 forum and he does good work. John

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

go to a cowboy action web site, lots of leather vendors

5. gotbass

gotbass Member

Try Gunners' Alley, first rate. Mike

6. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Mash on the link. Good as any, better than most...........Roger

7. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

You don't say whether you're looking for a pants belt or an outside-the-pants belt, but the most durable pants belts I've ever found (and I've been wearing one since I found them) is the Instructor Belt from The Wilderness.

Good people, too.

Tony

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

pants belt, great info guys, thank you.

9. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

I prefer a 1/4" very thick & heavy 1.5"-wide belt, two layers stitched together, the more stitching the stiffer. You may find that a 2" won't fit in any of your pants or holster loops. I do have some lighter single-layer 1.5" belts by Bianchi & others for wear with nicer clothes, but a very thick 1.5" belt will do what you need, with a proper holster. My current favorite belt is by Animal Jack Leather of Medford, OR, 541-301-8653. He attends western OR & WA gunshows. Phil E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.