1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T GOING TO NEW ORLEANS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by gusto777, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Last year my wife and I went to Dallas for the Cowboys vs.Giants game in early December. We asked for suggestions on where to eat and things to do in the Dallas area. A number of you gave us some great suggestions that turned out to be fantastic. This year were going to New Orleans just before Christmas to see the Cowboys vs. Saints game. Can anyone suggest good restaurants and things to do in New Orleans. We'll be there for about 5 days before returning to Las Vegas.

Thanks,
    Gus

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Gus.. You have PM

3. parrothead

parrothead Member

Acme Oyster House

4. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Make a daily pilgrimage to the Cafe Du Monde. Great cafe au lait and beignets. A true New Orleans experience.

Go to Mamas for a poorboy - I really like the shrimp poorboy, that is one fantastic sandwich. You will NEVER forget it.

If you want to experience good Cajun food AND Cajun music there is a fantastic place across the street from the convention center, the name escapes for the moment but it is REALLY good and FUN.

5. JOND

JOND TS Member

Second for Acme Oyster House!! JOND

6. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Thank you also . I will be going to New Oleans the 27th of Nov for 7 days and am interested in where to go . I`ll be staying in the Garden District and mostly using the local transportation . This a Honey Dew vacation so I`ll leave my guns at home . Have reservations for 2 days and a night at Harrahs to get rid of whatever money we have left over !!!! Keep them coming .

7. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Mulate's is the name of the cajun restaurant and music hall - just watching the locals trip the dance floor is worth it.

the big easy is a really fun town to visit.

walking the quarter drinking a hurricane, a bayou tour, eating beignets. great town.

8. gusto777

gusto777 Member

9. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

second the recommendation for Cafe du Monde. It's addicting as heroin. Cafe au lait there is the best cup anywhere.

Gumbo Shop serves the best Gumbo

10. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

My wife wants to go to Emeril`s , is it worth the price ?

11. KennyP

KennyP TS Member

I am acutally leaving for NO tomorrow. I travel there two to three times a year for busines. My favorite at this time is GW Fins the best seafood hands down. Emerila place is called Nola and is very good. Brennans is great. Arnaud's is another great choice. Irene's is a great choice that isn't that fancy but great food. If fine dining isn't your thing there are coutless places that you can try. Oysters are a must right now, Acme, Felix's, or Dickie Brennans.

Have fun in the Quarter. Don't fall for the oldest trick on Bourbon.

Q, I bet you a dollar I can tell you where you got your shoes

A, Okay, thinking this kid has no idea where I bought my shoes.

You have your shoes on Bourbon Street, You owe me a dollar.

KennyP

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Kenny.. if you get to the French Quarter.. I'm at 321 Royal Street All Good.. Mike

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

For those who think the Gunbo shop serves the best Gumbo.. you've never had a good cup...

14. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Emeril's is vastly overated.. in my book.. Commanders Palace is a good replacement..

15. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Go to NO regularly. Never miss breakfast at Court of Two Sisters, snack and coffee at Cafe du Monde, Dinner at Arnaud's or Brennan's. Won't go back to Nola's (Emeril's place). Nola's food was ok, not as good as the others listed above. The place is loud even for a deef trap shooter. Wish I was sitting at Cafe du Monde now.
    Enjoy and hope this helps!
    CA

16. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

What can you do to an egg.. to make it worth $35.00???? save your money for lunch and dinner..

17. over/under

over/under Member

Bid Bore how bout Camellia grill for breakfast. Ride the St Charles thru the Garden Distict.

18. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Yep.. much better plan..

19. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

The Desire cafe on Bourbon st, directly across from The Royal Sonesta hotel and Pere Antoines on Royal st, are 2 of my favorites, not overpriced but just as good as the high priced places. Cafe DuMonde is a must for Beignets and coffee.

Most all of the restuarants have menus posted at the doorway so you can check them out before you sit down.

Inside the JW Marriott on Canal st there is a Don Shula Steakhouse, never ate there but they say it is excellent.

There is also a Bubba Gumps on Decatur st, best fresh fish in town.

Mothers which is across from the convention is featured on The Travel Channel from time to time. it is also very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.