1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T - GMC Acadia vs. Buick Enclave

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cementman, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cementman

cementman Member

Presently driving a GMC Yukon 2003 and as good as it's running shopping around for something newer. Looking at both the GMC Acadia and the Buick Enclave having a tough time deciding between the two. Anyone have experience with either of these vehicles with Pro and Con response.

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I was looking very seriously at an Acadia in '07 but found the seat height and headrrom didn't quite get along with my long in the torso body so I bought an '06 Envoy Denali instead (10K less too). Very happy with it but think the Acadia or Enclave are both good choices. IMHO the Saturn Outlook is the best looking of the 3 models built on that platform but Saturn may not survive the GM bailout so might be an orphan brnad.

3. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

Made the same trade last July. Got the Acadia because I could order it without the sun roof and with all the other options. Heads up display doesn't come with the others. Mpg 22 vs 15 for my yukon. Do miss some of the room and big v8, but everything is a trade off. I had the long wb tahoe with a gun vault. Ended up cutting 11 inches off the gun vault and drawers. Fits fine, saving the price of a new gun vault. Looked at all the mid size suv's and the acadia and sisters are the only ones that will take a 48x48 gun vault. This is the first new car where everything worked. No return to dealer for fixes. Now have 12,000 miles on my Acadia.

4. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

Under powered , Over priced and mileage sucks .

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Looked at Hondas once...My dog won't even ride in it

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hondas? Yuppie puke vehicles.

Get a new Suburban and a new Seitz/Bown/Kolar/Infinity, a couple hundred new Rem/Federal shells...

Send the bill to Obama...you'll be good for the economy.

Curt

7. TjayE

TjayE Member

Question for Curt (grnbetetcj): Will the Delaware State shoot ever return to Wilmington trap club? Tom

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Tom...

Hopefully? Maybe?

As President of the DTA, it is my intention to bring the shoot back. There are some hurdles that must be overcome first.

1st thing required is to have a min. of 8 program traps equipped with Pat traps & voice pulls (5 now).

2nd thing (which is in progress) is to get rid of the old by-laws and outdated manner in which the directors are appointed/elected.

There's progress being made, but the old regime must go away and more Pat traps and a general upgrade. Bill Trone (WTA Pres.) wants to work with us and is doing an admirable job, but some of the old lifers don't want change.

This is the best answer I can give at this time...I'm working on it!

Curt

9. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

wonatatime- Was your response directed at the thread question, or EE's response?

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Look at a Volvo XC70-23.5 mpg but unless you're doing a lot driving mileage means nothing--I drive it only for shooting-doing about 30k+ miles a year. Comfort,handling & safey put the Acadia, & Pilot to shame. The blind spot alert system & the separate speedometer for the cruise control are the greatest thing since------!!!!!

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.