1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T..Gloves

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by capvan, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

Cold here in Vermont and I need some new gloves. I need something to wear on the walks I take with my wife every evening. Roads are slippery, so I need to have my arms free for balance, etc. I do NOT need to use my hands for anything, so flexibility and movement are NOT issues. Warmth is what I need. I tried a pair of battery-powered gloves and they were almost useless. No heat in the fingers. Mittens came close, but still not enough. Anyone know of any thermos bottles for hands?
    Bruce
    kb1iix@arrl.net

2. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Mittens with chemicaly generated heat packs, we use them goose hunting below 0 and they work very well.

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

4. capvan

capvan Active Member

Thanks, Force Break! I did exactly what you suggested. Problem solved! Just got back from a long walk, fingers still work...

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Choppers with liners are great. You have all your fingers together keeping the heat in one place insted of isolating them like gloves.

We used them for downhill skiing, because they were tough enough to withstand the friction of the rope tows.

I think in extreme cases a small heat pack can go in them too.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.