1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Glock Holster Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I would like to hear opinions either way on the Blackhawk model 413500BK Holster. I'm looking at one for my Glock 22 in .40S&W.
    [​IMG]

2. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

I own one for my 23. Very nice holster. You will need to practice with it for a little bit to get used to the release button. It does ride a little high but with the adjustable belt slide it is comfortable.

C Prince

3. grntitan

The button thing is my main concern. I'm not sure if i'd like this feature or one without. What is the advantage of the button release?

4. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Decide for yourself but many shooting schools won't let you use them now. I really like Blackhawk they are good people and make good product. PM me if you want more info.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GDpxVG9XFJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Mike Mahaffy

Mike Mahaffy Member

I have worn a blackhawk for nearly four years. The holster gets rave reviews because it is very secure, but very fast. The holster stood up to rigorous testing reference weapon security, but does provide a very quick draw when weapon access is required. I highly recommend the holster. I bought the one with the belt loop that can be installed instead of the paddle and have used both. The paddle is a little more user friendly and versatile.

6. grntitan

Great vid. Thanks for providing it. It answered just about all my questions and addressed all my concerns.

Thanks for the other responses as well. It was all very helpful.

7. cpd544

cpd544 Member

I have carried the Blackhawk for years and have no problem with it. We also issue the Safariland ALS holster which has a thumb release on the inside of the holster next to your body and also works extremely well. You can not see the lock release on the ALS while wearing it but it releases just as fast as the Blackhawk.

[​IMG]

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

User error. Learn how to be safe with your firearm and holster.

We have a dumbass trainer here who has had at least TWO documented ND's in a classroom. The first was injury free, but the second one caused him to lose a finger. Amazingly, the State STILL allows this former cop to do classes.

OFF TARGET, OFF TRIGGER. Any questions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.