1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Get rid of the lawyers!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigdogtx, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Let me preface this as NO disrespect to the GOOD lawyers and there are a FEW of them, but did you ever wonder why all the laws have so many pages? It is so people like this can feed us a bunch of HOG***T and have most people believe it. You or I could write a law and it would take no more than 2 pages, have no ifs, heretofores, therefores and the ilk. You would have no doubt whether what you are doing was against the law or not.

Congress should not be a bunch of lawyers making up laws which take a lawyer to understand and then circumvent it.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Kind of like a fireman starting fires, huh?

HM

3. Clay McCracken

Clay McCracken TS Member

I have never seen a social process that could not be totally screwed up by the involvement by a lawyer.

Mike T.

4. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Laws are made by attorneys for attorneys. Michael

5. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

This half-wit thread makes no sense at all!

We, as so-called expert trap shooters, can't even write a clear statement on what alters POI, how from the paper target to shoot, what constitutes a sub-event, what is a legal target and who can turn it down. Our own ATA rules will always have room for interpertation.

If as assumed experts on the subject, with years of experience, we can not keep our own house in order, where do any of us get the right to sound off about lawyers.

Given some of the nut cake theories I have read on these garbeled pages, non-lawyers have no room to talk.

And when your gun blows-up, who will you run to? It sure could not be your fault. You will pray a lawyer will take your crummy case.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have contact with many lawyers on a daily basis. As a group, they seem to reflect the general population. Many are fine people and and excellent lawyers. Others are average and a very few are less than I would hope as both a person and a lawyer. Not much different than the range of respondents to this thread.

I would complain that lawyers do often use many more words than is necessary to explain a situation and I tease them unmercifully about that.

Pat Ireland

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

So CharlesR1100, are you condoning the actions of this attorney and his firm? This "half-wit" would like to know. Jim

8. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

The founding fathers did just what you suggest, but today we have those scum sucking lawyers, and CROOKED JUDGES to contend with. Did you ever see a judge who was not a lawyer first?.......not in this life time................Rick Johnson

Gee Rick, Do you think that might be because it is a requirement that a judge be a lawyer first? What a dumb law, eh? We should have truck drivers, bar maids and firemen be the judges. I mean, why would you want someone with a legal background to be a judge? They would just be confused by knowing something about the rules they are supposed to enforce. Jake

9. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

hell...half the signers of the Declaration of INdependence were lawyers.

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Judge Roy Bean: Roy Bean. Judge Roy Bean. I am the law in this area.
    Rev. Mr. LaSalle: What has qualified you as such?
    Judge Roy Bean: I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard. But I had never killed a man before. Oh, I had shot at some... in self-defense or blind fright, but I never hit anyone. So God must have directed my bullets. Why, he even sent an angel to deliver this weapon.

The last honest Judge and - - The Law West of the Pecos.

11. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Ouch!

Berettaman7

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    99% of the lawyers give the others a bad name.

13. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

my god..that is the most racist thing I've read on this site. :|

14. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I work with a lot of lawyers in my job. Thankfully they are not personal injury lawyers. Just about all of the lwayers I hire a professionals who are just regular folks.

Now judges are a different matter. I have seen more than my share of bad judges who can really FUBAR a case. Then you have the ones who like to legislate from the bench. Along with our immigration laws, our legal system needs a good enema as well.

15. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

OMG with all the things that have gone on in this world for soooo long we need these people! It is like when an old man was on his death bed and the doctor asked if he had any last wish to make before he died he said he would like the two most important people that he must see, one being his lawyer the next his air conditioning man. Why the doctor asked? He said he wanted to die like Jesus did. Between Two Thieves!

16. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

221: I chuckled when I read your post of estate lawyers. I retired a couple of years ago and our bank had a fair sized firm on retainer. The topdog there was a regular church goer-he would be sure and pat all the little old widows on the butt every Sunday. He would also attend all the old folks functions in town. Then again there was his partner who was very honest and did a lot of pro bono work for our gun club and several people I sent to him over the years. He joins us on Friday night for choir practice over a few beers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.