1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T – Georgia Quail Hunt

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bbadini, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbadini

bbadini TS Member

I am looking for a good outfitter for a quail hunt in Georgia. Any suggestions? Thanks for you input.

2. 60MM

60MM TS Member

I'm from Albany,Ga and there is plantations every where down here. Many of my friends work on these plantaions and the season is over here.The season will start back up around October 1st. I'll help anyway i can just let me know. I'll keep looking back at this thread for your response. Will it be just you coming or a group?
    thanks
    Ronald

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Contact one of the following:

http://www.wynfieldplantation.com/ Top notch never hunted but highly reputable.

Ronbo

4. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I guided for this hunting property when I was stanioned in Albany GA at the Marine Base. Good accomidations, liberated birds for the most part.

http://www.quailcountry.com/

Ronbo

5. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

This is to 60MM

I was the president of Flint Skeet & Trap club about 10 years ago, do you know Holly Dunn, Carl Hudson, Gayle Davis, or Nyle Shade?

Ronbo

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Forget those little birdies Barry...do a hog hunt..something more fun about going after a critter that can bite back...not to mention ..just one makes a lot of sandwiches.. instead of the other way around

7. 60MM

60MM TS Member

To Ronbo: yes i do know them. I shoot with them often. Flint skeet & trap is doing very well. We have two ata traps going , one wobble going , four skeet fields running and a five stand that does very well. Just seen Holly last night and keebo was there to , do you know keebo? jimmy harris?

8. 60MM

60MM TS Member

TO RONBO. We also shoot stickbirds from time to time,safely i might add. We have shield made from lexan between the thrower and shooter.We mostly throw the mini's or aspirins as they are called.

9. 60MM

60MM TS Member

I'VE HEARD QUAIL COUNTRY IS A GREAT PLACE TO HUNT.

10. 60MM

60MM TS Member

OH yeah Ronbo do you know James Braswell aka one arm bandit??

11. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

To 60MM

Yes to all of the above, especially my buddy Jimmy AKA "Lightning" Harris he taught me the finer points of Shoal Bass fishing on the Flint. Lessons started at a 12 Pack of Natural light.

We use to have great Dove shoots on the back field.

The stick bird saftey thing is always important just ask Billy Daniels tell him "Rambo" will just start doing push ups now!

Ronbo

12. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

I was down in Albany GA a couple of years ago for a quail hunt. I believe the it was quail country, but I'd have to check the shirt I bought to make sure. Anyway, it's owned by a family that also owns several nursing homes in GA. Great people, good times. They also have a wobble trap that is just a hoot.

13. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

60MM

Talked to Jimmy Harris last night the next time you see him at the club tell him I said Duh Huh he will know what you mean.

Ronbo

14. 60MM

60MM TS Member

I'LL DO IT RONBO

15. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Member

Wynfield Plantation would be my first pick. I was there last week and had a great time. I've also been to Ochlocknee Plantation a couple of times and had a great time as well.

16. jbshep

jbshep Member

Live Oak Plantation near Valdosta (Adel) and Buckeye Plantation West of Savanna.
    Both are first class. Pricey but worth it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.