1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T George Carlin - A Great American

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by revsublime, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

God I love george.

saw nothing unpatriotic at all there.

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

they dont want to put us in the poor house...they want us to make enough money to consume more...whether we need to or not. They love credit...just ask the Chinese.

Oh...wait, no...Corporations have our best interests at heart, right?

3. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I have to give my two cents here. George Carlin wrote a book called 'Brain Droppings', and I found a copy at a local yard sale. In the book's forward, he writes that he "doesn't believe in anything". I take him at face value, and I believe he meant what he wrote. Conversely, I don't always believe that he wrote everything that the internet ascribes to him.

Now I'm a great lover of books, especially older books (1900 to 1950), and the reason that these books are still around (my opinion) is that someone liked a particular book enough to keep it safe for the next reader (likewise, I am the current guardian of hundreds of old books, much to my wife's chagrin). To me, the destruction of ANY book is sacrilege; I wince whenever I see books thrown away. But I will make an exception for George Carlin's books: if I find any at yard sales, I will buy them and make sure that those particular volumes will NOT find their way to the next generation of readers, all because George Carlin stated that he "doesn't believe in anything". I will destroy any George Carlin book I buy ($2 maximum, LOL!).

A 'great American' has to believe in America. George Carlin is not a great American. My two cents.

Porcupine (L.A. Jones)

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Criticize all you want, but the guy is hilarious and correct, at the same time.

Sticking pins in the establishment is his forte.

HM

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i like the true facts . george will tell how it is and not what people and government want to hear. my kind of guy.

6. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i like the true facts . george will tell how it is and not what people and government want to hear. my kind of guy.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The problem is that George Carlin points out the issues that most people never think about and some are humorous when thought about but a Great American, I think not ... He was an entertainer who bashed the establishment and is not very entertaining anymore ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. rfk

rfk TS Member

I think he is right on. The truth hurts and the sooner the public wakes up the better off American will be.

If he happens to be funny in the process so be it. Humor is not the point here.

Wake up people.

Bob Klauer

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I think that halfmile is right on. I would also like to add that as said, he is a entertainer mixed with comedy. Personally I think he used to be funnier 20 years ago.But he does hit the nail on the head with most of his issues. Alot of truth on what he has said above. Its a little scary as well. Break-em all. Jeff

10. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

It's easy to point out what's wrong with something. Too much of it and it's called whining. We all know someone like that. George just pointed out what is wrong. Did / does he offer a solution? I haven't watched that clip before. I agree with P&M, he was funnier 20 yrs ago.

11. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

not a union member, Jimmy.

and George did offer a solution...in a sense. The American people need to wake up, pay more attention, and demand more from our politicians, stop being so sound bite driven and consumer media controlled.

12. smartass

smartass TS Member

Carlin is truly a great american, just like revsubmarx

13. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

When George C. describes politicians as hiding behind the Bible, the Troops, and our children while they are shafting us, he hits the nail on the head, regardless of what his political philosophy is! - JoeBerg

14. clayslayer21

clayslayer21 TS Member

George is right. The sad thing is that the biggest propoganda machine in America--Fox News--is owned by someone--Rupert Murdoch--who originally was an Australian. I believe that the largest propoganda machine in America should at least be owned by a person who was actually born here.

15. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

George Washington and Abe Lincoln were great Americans. War veterans are great Americans. George Carlin is a funny guy that got rich because of great Americans.

16. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

Funny, questionably, great American never. He nearly died a dozen times from drug overdoses and wound up with a coronary at less than 40 years of age. He is a hell of a way from a great anything. I will add the men and women in uniform to the great American list but smack freak Geou=rge Carlin won't make that list, he should be in jail. We have enough of his kind of great Americans now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.